Anyone have a source for these wire clips?

GINO

Sr Member
Looking for a source for these metal wire clips.
They might be adhesive backed as you can see in the following pic.

They are used in the various Fett helmets to organize/secure the rangefinder wires together.

I don't have their exact dimensions, but they are quite small. Looking at somewhere around 3/4" (19mm) wide.

PM me or post here if you find something.

Here are some pics.

wireclip.jpg

I'm pretty sure it is all one piece.
There are modern plastic version of this type of clip, but finding this 'older' style has been a bit troublesome.

I don't know then.

I have seen the clip section before and from what i can remember, they had a flat side that could slide under or between something, like on car interior door cards.
I was just thinking this may have a flat side which is under the plate, but if you have seen the whole thing in plastic, then maybe the whole thing is one piece.

Keith.

Cool. That seems to basically be the modern day (improved) design.
I'm looking for the exact clip I show in the pics.

Sorry, I thought you were just looking for metal ones.

If you need the 100% same design then design it as a flat pattern and take it to an etching/laser shop that does PCB stencils. Fit as many as you can in an 8 x 10 sheet and your cost is somewhere around $100 lot charge. Bend with pliers and use double-stick foam tape (McMaster-Carr is a good source) on the back. You may find it's less work to take a Dremel tool to the modern ones to replicate the exact shape.

--Brian

Appreciated.
Having them fabricated is not a problem.

The problem is that I (as well as other accuracy nuts) want the actual part.

They're very similar to clips used on my father's greenhouse, to hold the panes in place when overlapped.

Good eye.

After looking at them a little closer, I don't think they are the exact same piece, but VERY close.

I am sure the ones you are looking for are called self adhesive P clips. Might make it easier for google searching to cut down on the huge number of wire and cable clips out there :) I would think automotive wiring loom clips.

Chris

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back