Darth Vader ROTJ Saber

Boba Frett

Sr Member
Just finished this up today, I still have a few tweeks to do.
I still have to weather it, but that will come later :)

Don't mind the custom saber stand.

LOOKS GREAT. I still dont think i could bring myself to drill holes in an original graflex though. *shudders*

Great job, awesome saber

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 14 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]1244118[/snapback]</div>
Thanks guys, I will have another one done soon.
But it's another hardware one.
[/b]

VERY NICE.
I still need a Graflex body,Kobold, and grips to finish mine.

<div class='quotetop'>(Boba Frett @ May 14 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1244091[/snapback]</div>
Just finished this up today, I still have a few tweeks to do.
I still have to weather it, but that will come later :)

Don't mind the custom saber stand.
[/b]

Yeah, yeah, looks great, but are you offering those stands??? Are they a found item??? I gotta know...

UGLY???...??? :eek
Hang your head in shame.... :confused

The Vader ROTJ is one of my top 3 fave sabers of all time and these pics just make me go all gooey.....

Fab work.....
keep it up dudes.

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ May 15 2006, 12:36 PM) [snapback]1244504[/snapback]</div>
Damn Kenny....fantastic work. :thumbsup

...and you gotta do a run of that custom saber stand... :p
[/b]

DAMN. Those are awesome Boba Frett & Starkiller. Don't see Vader's ROTJ saber that often and you guys have done a fantastic job.

Great job.

I built one of these from a real graflex as well, but I had to wheather the saber during the contruction process. It was the only way I could get the weathering under the grips, inside the portholes, rust on the nuts and bolts etc.
probably the longest saber project I ever worked on.

Anyhow, can't wait to see the rest of it.

DS

Whoah, I'm even more impressed that this is a hardware saber.. You must have one of the old shoulder pullers? Excellent work.

S'funny, I just did some work on mine over the weekend, and was thinking that I hadn't seen anybody build this saber in a while. I gather my parts years ago, but the project has been backburnered off and on for ages. It's really motivating to see such an EXCELLENT buildup of this saber.

How/what did you do for your control box? That's the only part that I don't have - I always hoped, actually, that I'd be able to identify the original part. I'm probably going to scratchbuild a styrene one. What did you use?

Hey Boba Frett, looks great man, very nice work on the build up.

One suggestion IÂ’d make if you want to go a little more accurate to the real deal is to replace the rear D-ring cap screws with pop rivets. But it looks and works just fine the way it is.

And yes, weathering will make a world of difference when it comes to the look of this saber. Pretty much just dang it around and scratch it a lot and you can achieve a pretty close representation to the real DV MOM saber.

dv%20rotj%20graflex%201003.jpg

Well this one that I did a while back might be a little much in the weathering actually, but you get the idea. More pics here:
http://www.elvistrooper.com/props/DVrotjGraf/index.htm

Oh yeah, BTW, I just found a few extra machined aluminum shrouds that I had in the bottom of my tool box. Good find, so I might post those in the JY in a few days.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back