My Passports on the Big Screen!

We just made a couple more passports for some bigger pictures! One is for Ving Rhames' character Luther Stickell in the new Mission: Impossible movie. The other is for a true story starring Shailene Woodley called Adrift. Both of these should be showing up clearly on screen... we just have to wait for 2018 to see them!

Sweden%20PP%202_zpsxvxb4gkj.jpg

Adrift-Proof3_zpsotprlcbv.jpg

Last edited:
Insane work, mate! Congratulations!

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but out of curiosity: Do you have to consider some legal problems, when making these?
I mean, after all you're shipping pretty perfect ID counterfeits, right? I guess there's some way that for movies you can get permission to do this, I'm just curious..

We don't copy all the details exactly the same (always make a few changes) and, luckily, IDs are getting so overwrought with security features nowadays we can't possibly copy them all. We also put a replica stamp on the amendment page to avoid illicit use.

We have run into some issues with customs seizing these and even some policemen showing up at one customer's door. Regardless, these are all perfectly legal and one customer went so far as to go to court to get his props back. He won.

The trailer for the final season of The Americans shows a ton of our prop passports:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 1980s style passport didn't get much screen time in Adrift, unfortunately:

epKL1bB.jpg

MK0tubN.jpg

But a nice open shot of one of our passports appears in the film "A War Story" (true story about journalist Peter Arnett tracking down and interviewing Osama Bin Laden):

rSAxVP5.jpg

Well when I need to skip the country I know who to go to! :p

Really impressive stuff... Do you make the embossed covers too or do you get blanks or something made? I guess as well youre printing into the security artwork... Lines flowing over images of cranes and flowers saying "this is a prop, not to be used in a real border!" type messages? Stuff that can't be seen on camera but noticed with the naked eye?

MangyDog, our covers are custom made here in New Zealand. Many of our designs have changes to the originals, but we also add a stamp on the rear amendment page stating these are replicas for prop use. Our card props have a line written on the back with a similar caveat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back