Finaly some cool Team Zissou Adidas!!! 9-4 shoes received with Pics

Thanks for the tips on using acetone to remove gold ADIDAS lettering.

I managed to snag a pair of Adidas Italias for $50 at local shoe store in Louisville -- turns out I needed a size 13 -- I normally take a size 12, so if you buy these without trying them on, you might want to try a pair of similar Adidas on before you buy via mail order.

I asked the guy on ebay selling them if he would give me a few tips, but he said he couldn't -- years of research and blah blah blah. He said to send him my shoes and he'd customize them for $100 -- geeesh.

So, I picked up bottle of acrylic paint at Hobby Lobby ($1.27). Picked up pair of yellow shoe laces at HOT TOPIC ($4) and ordered some Helvetica Gold Rub Down letters from LETRASET (details below) -- each sheet is $2 or so, so I ordered three sheets to have extra, and with postage it came to about $18.

So, for about $74, you can make these yourself if you can find the shoes. Oh yeah, I already had the acetone -- not sure how much that costs, but it couldn't be over $10.

Already painted the stripes -- just the center one a lighter blue as the other striped and back of shoe heel area are already the proper navy-ish blue -- I'll post pictures when I get the gold letters in.

FOR 5mm GOLD HELVETIC RUB-ON LETTERS, GO HERE:

http://www.letraset.com/design/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2908&cat=Helvetica+Medium+Condensed

Rubdown Lettering A5 - Helvetica MC - 5mm - Gold
Product Code: RDC0153

Thought I'd update -- acrylic paint will not work -- you need to get paint made for LEATHER which is available at Tandy leather retail or online.

Buy a pair of Adidas Italias on ebay -- white with navy stripes.

Send them to me and I'll modify them for $30 plus $12 postage.

or get yourself some leather paint from TANDY and you can do most of it yourself.

or go to myadidas.com and customize a pair of SAMBAS and you can have ZISSOU embroidered into side of shoe. Another thread has pics of these...they look pretty good.

Mine from MiAddidas.

zissoushoe01.jpg

zissoushoe02.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back