Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Hey guys,

Here we go !

lornepeterson-stardestroyer.jpg

I start a new thread because the other one is for research only !

So here where I am (I dont have glue all the parts because Im needing some other parts to get a good placement) :

8ft17.jpg

8ft18.jpg

8ft19.jpg

8ft20.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Building the 8 Footer Bridge and Neck

Hey Jay you need a shave!!!!:lol:thumbsup

Please tell me where you are going to put this one!!!!!!:lol:thumbsup

Regards,
Michael

In Manchester UK with a bit of luck, Julien, how many hour's are in one day in France? I'm used to 24 but you must get at least 30???? I love watching your builds mate

Last edited:

Beautiful stuff Julien, love all of those undercuts.. adds a ton of mystery, can't get that with castings. :love

OOoooh, can't wait. You are off to a great start.

Brad

Re: Building the 8 Footer Star Destroyer Bridge and Neck

I'm sure this will be phenominal like all of your work! :thumbsup

Right- a quick proposal:

Any further endeavors along the studio scale front must require a studio scale uniform, qualities of the uniform to be appropriate to the time period which you are representing in your work. For instance, given the time period of the construction of the model mentioned in this thread, a late '70s button down short sleeve (er, polo) shirt, is required.

For ANH and slightly thereafter era works, all men shall have beards, and at least one day per week shall wear cut-off jeans and basic t-shirts. At various points you are allowed long sleeve button down shirts and crew t-shirts. You can not stop at a moustache and a special no-no is a moustache and polo shirt combination (this was Paul Huston's thing... and he still does it)

Hair should always be appropriately styled, but remember that if you are going from a RotJ model to ANH, you have to allow for hair and beard length adjustments, so schedule appropriately.

Great project; I'm am, as others, certain that your final results will be solid indeed.

This is sooooo cooooool Julien!. Love seeing all the colors of the kit parts and the placement, be awesome to see in primer when you get there dude!.
I think your'e just goin to have to build the rest of it mate, may just take a wee bit longer than the conning tower though?.
Look forward to this thread J.
Stu

Wicked I ve been waiteing in anticipation of this. Have you done base plans that you could share with us Mr Tox? There are some other crazy people out that inspire to maybe go down this path after watching your 'research thread'. This is one of those very special builds. Like the Galactica.

Thanks for your support and all of your comments guys !

Yeah Mike I (really) need a shave ! But Im not like Lorne though :lol

Unfortunatly 24 hours a day here too Guy ! Would love to get more though, I need to finish a lot of stuff !

Matt, you're right that's something which would be impossible with a resin kit (except if you cast each part !). With good lighting it should be really cool ! Of course I'll add FO.

Clerval, do you mean something like that :

bridge-tshirt.jpg

? Since it was released for the crew working on TESB, probably someone did wear it while building the ISD :lol But I dont wear it when modeling, I'm not a geek ! Only when I am at work :lol

Max, Stu : The whole model would cost me an arm (and maybe my GF but at least a lot of money and space :p). I would have space to build and display it but unfortunatly once built I couldnt move it from this room I would have to build it in section to be able to go through the door...
Perhaps if each RPF member send me one kitpart, I would be able to fully detail the whole model !

Joke aside, the frame itself would cost a lot (I cant imagine 8 feet plexi plates !). I could build the superstructures though :

ISDILMbuildingpic4.jpg

But I cant lie and tell you that Ive never thought about the whole model !

Yes Stu it will be shame to put primer on it (even if I love the result after a coat of primer !) because of all the colored parts ! Once I got that I will be very happy !

ISDILMbuildingpic5.jpg

Omes I did rough plans of the bridge frame (front, sides top and bottom, not the back plates, I cut them larger and adapted to the other faces). I have to draw the neck now. It's quite hard because of all the angles, lenses distorsion etc... But fortunatly the kitparts used on the neck are quite big !

Julian do have any rooms with a lot of ceiling height? :lol

Lol Max, yeah I have a room where I could put the ISD like on the pics, I think the ceiling is about 12-14 feet tall ! But that would not be a nice display lol :lol

Just build the whole thing, Julien. If you have to later, you can remove a wall to get it out of your house, like they do with those hugely obese people when they want to go out the movies and junk.

just build it so the tower and neck, and top buildings are removeable (magnets or something) then it will easily go thru a door. :)

Just build the whole thing, Julien. If you have to later, you can remove a wall to get it out of your house, like they do with those hugely obese people when they want to go out the movies and junk.

:lol Yeah you're right Rich ! I saw one on the TV once, they called a huge trick with a huge trailer to drive him to the hospital !

Vaderdarth, yeah the top buildings are removable on the ILM prop (hold by screws), but the door is on thing but I have the stairway :/ The ultimate choice would be through the window, it will be only at the 2nd stair. It sounds impossible (I dont take in count the final cost of the whole thing, when I saw Im under $1200 only for the bridge and neck :s). I should gain some money, maybe I should try poker ! :)

Since your in Paris, you could make up something about it being art the state could pay for. But then you might have to wear a beret and lop off body parts(just don't send them to anybody you know).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back