Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

Thanks GBRob ! :)

Good news... The 8 footer is not 8' long... :lol
Im drawing the plans and I came to the conclusion that the overall lenght is a bit more than 7' 1/2 (about 235 cm). As usual the Chronicles are wrong, they put it at 259 cm long. I found that it is about 130 cm wide.

That's cool because it means it will take less room :love

Thanks GBRob ! :)

Good news... The 8 footer is not 8' long... :lol
Im drawing the plans and I came to the conclusion that the overall lenght is a bit more than 7' 1/2 (about 235 cm). As usual the Chronicles are wrong, they put it at 259 cm long. I found that it is about 130 cm wide.

That's cool because it means it will take less room :love

Julien this build would be great on the workbench.

Al

Thanks Al,

In a few weeks I will receive the test for a small portion of the plexi hull, with engraved lines done by CNC. Im not very confident about the result of those lines so I will probably scribe them myself. I'll see when I got the sample.

Monsieur Tox. Who or what is 'CNC' for the plexi glass hull scribing? Very interested in not missing any detail. Cheers & fantastic work.

Monsieur Tox. Who or what is 'CNC' for the plexi glass hull scribing? Very interested in not missing any detail. Cheers & fantastic work.
CNC = Computer Numerically Controlled router. CNC for short. This is done by computing numbers geometrically to give an exact shape of a given subject. This is written on a computer,then it is transferred to a readable file for the CNC machine,and programmed from that file to CNC permanently for a long run of parts,or until another project requires that CNC to be programmed with another subject file. This works somewhat like a disc drive on your computer. You insert the disc with a file,or the information you want it to have,and then download it. The computer deciphers the rest of the information,and encodes it,so that it will come out the same way in a 3-D form cut from wood,plastic,or metal.:)

Guys I hve to say that I had the pleasure of spending the day over at Juliens place yesterday & I cant begin to describe how incredible his work is. Julien you are one incredibly talented person, I learnt more about scratch building in one afternoon than I have in a year on my own. I relly cant wait to get home & begin to practise the techniques that Julien introduced me to. All his builds are incredible works of art but Like you J I have to say your ATST is beyond a masterpiece mate. Thanks for your Kindness again Julien & I look forward to the next time we meet.

Guys I hve to say that I had the pleasure of spending the day over at Juliens place yesterday & I cant begin to describe how incredible his work is. Julien you are one incredibly talented person, I learnt more about scratch building in one afternoon than I have in a year on my own. I relly cant wait to get home & begin to practise the techniques that Julien introduced me to. All his builds are incredible works of art but Like you J I have to say your ATST is beyond a masterpiece mate. Thanks for your Kindness again Julien & I look forward to the next time we meet.

Thanks Guy,

You make me blush, that was a fantastic day for me and a great pleasure to have you at home !

Im glad if you learn some tips, it was not always easy to explain :lol
I have to fix the AT-ST hatch ;)

I hope to see you again very soon !

A small progress, the back of the neck :

8ft76.jpg

You are a gifted artist Monsieur Tox. Im so glad we have people with your talent sharing it with us. :thumbsup

Ooohhh, sexy neck Julien, looks perfect as always!. Man I hope some day to see this monster in person and of course you too J lol!:lol
Have you managed to ID all the rest of the bridge and neck area?.
Stu

WOW J -man looking good back there, can't wait to see some primer on this.
How much more to finish up the rear section?

Rich, no problem I would be glad to meet you :)

Thansk for all your comments and support guys, it's been quite hard for a few days now since Im sick as hell but today I worked a bit on the back of the neck. Some parts are missing...

8ft77.jpg

8ft78.jpg

8ft79.jpg

8ft80.jpg

8ft81.jpg

8ft82.jpg

Thanks for your interest...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back