Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Thanks for your interest guys, I have good hope to get the hull panels cut before the end of this year ! I have to refine my drawings as they're not perfect yet (they will never be though :)), gonna work on that the next few weeks.
This is not a dead project, it just takes time, but I dont want to rush the hull as it'll be expensive.
Thanks !

Howdy, MonsieurTox
Been watching your progress for a long time now. And I've enjoyed every moment of it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned from your build. Just wanted to say thanks a bunch.
(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
Cheers,
Clint

Hey Julien!

Thanks for pointing out this build to me... simply amazing! =)

Will you trade my droid for it once the model is finished? ;)

Thank you guys !

I wish you all a Happy New Year !

I moved to my new house house next week, but I still have to pick-up all my SS models (that's safer to do it by my own).

archives.jpg

archives2.jpg

archives3.jpg

archives4.jpg

I hope I'll have some significant progress made on the 8 footer this year !

Julien

FANTASTIC studio scale collection!!!(y)thumbsup

This build shows what dedication and a labor of love is. Not to mention the patience and attention span of a saint, i'd have zoned out just trying to figure out the first parts lol.

Julien... I gotta say bro... I bow to your dedication. I've been watching this thread from the beginning in 2006... and now over 6 years later, you're still going at it. Personally in that time, I got a job, I've gotten married, I've lost the job, and moved 3 times! This is phenominal the amount of detail you've put into it. I can't wait to see this bad boy finished... I'm sure the rest of us can't wait either, but we all have some of the deepest respect not only as fellow modellers, but as a craftsman. Thank you for all of this so far, and please, keep us posted!

Thank guys !

No more work on it as Im trying to finish my 1:1 R2-D2.

Haha Micke, Im not sure where I could display a second R2 unit !
Your droid is awesome btw, i hope mine will turn half as good !

No more work on it as Im trying to finish my 1:1 R2-D2.

You go, Julien! Join ussss... ;)

Haha Micke, Im not sure where I could display a second R2 unit !
Your droid is awesome btw, i hope mine will turn half as good !

Good, I wouldn't know where to have it, and I'm quite attached to my little R2....

Just wait until I show you the latest developments.. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back