Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

This....just isn't possible......
my favourite SW ship, at the correct scale....with maximum detail.....

......i may have to just go away and cry.....

Truly astonishing work! you MUST cast this and offer it to us mere mortals!

Rich

Thanks guys :)

If your married what does she think about this project ? Does she just walk by and shake her head like all our wives do or help ?

Wil be on 21st, May 2011 so I still have some time :D But yeah she shakes her heard and doesnt understand why spending so much money and time on "that". :sleep

Clancampbell, I'm not crazy enough and Im not sure someone is to cast individually about 10000 parts ? And who would be crazy enough to spend $30000 or so on a kit like that ?

Guys, once again I need your help with more ref pics ! Not the ones that are available on the net but from you, the lucky guys who saw her in personn and took plenty of pics ! :)

My concern is the front superstructures.
Several parts were added after the model was basecoated because it probably didnt look right or not busy enough to the ILM guys (red parts were added later) :

unknown34.jpg

But there are parts behind those ones and I dont know what they are (the only pics is on the chronicles but it's like a thumbnail). Some of those parts can be seen at a certain angle.

And most generally I would need more reference as mines dont show all the details so it's hard to me to ID the parts. Actually the best pics is from the SaG book but most of the parts are in shadow :( so I would basically need any pic of the area cercled in green !

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks !

Julien

Bro theres a few i recongise, so ill do a key in a while if i get chance.
Not sure if you read SAG...but it does say (accordning to Lorne) that the ISD had a bit of a meltdown on set, as the cooling system wasnt turned on......a lot of F/O was damaged and repaired by Huston.
This could be why thay covered up a lot of window ports with parts after the accident?

lee

Yes bro Ive read that ! Could be a possibility but in my opinion it was just a matter of design ! They changed several while building her (there was no bay on the back of the neck, they removed the kitparts, cut a hole, put the bay -that's why that's why this is a poor fit :lol and when they did that, the ISD what at the same painting stage or even more painted -I mean they had started the weathering-).

Basically I know all the red parts (to be short Tamiya Gepard, flak38, Enterprise, Scharnhorst, Esci Demag, Rocco Leopard, Hasegawa Karl etc...) but I would like to know what are the parts behind them (they can be seen at certain angles), here how it looks initialy :

ISDILMbuildingpic11.jpg

And I know they are some parts between the "shelves" but I can figure what they are :( One of them looks like the back of the Junyo or Taiho but I dont know how it's cut, where it starts and where it finishes... Most of the time I know there is something but I dont have clear view because of the angle or of the shadow (or of the flash which washes out the parts :cry).

Ahh im with ya bro, wow all the shizzle behind that stuff huh....ouch....i know what you mean on the SAG pic, if only it were taken from a few slight angles in better light!

lee

Yeah :( The bad thing is the parts can be seen from a 3/4 view (at least you see it's busy behind the parts :lol) I think I'll do some detail job of my own... But I still have some problem to see between the shelves which are not hidden by those new parts !

Yeah the SaG pic was in addition of the lightning, altered to get a dark gray color when it should look almost white :angry. It's still an helpful pic though !

That's a great question :( That's not even sure it's still touring, maybe it's back to the Archives :/
I would love to commission someone to take pics of it if only I knew where it is right now ! :cry

Last edited:

That's a great question :( That's not even sure it's still touring, maybe it's back to the Archives :/
I would love to commission someone to take pics of it if only I knew where it is right now ! :cry

If it's on display somewhere it would be easy enough, but through the glass might be tricky.

Thanks Rob !
That's not the area I was looking but it will be the next I detail, so it will be very helpful as it is the best one Ive seen so far of the very front superstructure ! Very cool pic !! Can see a lot of detail Ive never spotted before. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back