Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

Well I took some screengrab of TESB where we can see the hangar, unfortunatly there is no good close up. But I noticed something interesting, in one of the scene where the Star Destroyer is chasing the Falcon, the docking bay is unfinished... I mean there is no ribs on both side and the rear bulkhead is blank... no one kitparts ! In another shot, it's complete. That's not the first time the Destroyer was used while unfinished... In another shot the domes are not finished... No spindle, raised triangular panel etc...

I say through an ATAT head in there somewhere.

..and when you get finished I would like to see if I could get some hi-res. images of some of the detail so i can print them to frame for my room. I love the detail work from the classic kit bashes / scratch building.

I say through an ATAT head in there somewhere.

..and when you get finished I would like to see if I could get some hi-res. images of some of the detail so i can print them to frame for my room. I love the detail work from the classic kit bashes / scratch building.

Haha no AT-AT head on this one ! :lol

I too love the result of the classic kitbashes !

Your bay is beautiful. It's exquisite :)

Im glad you like it, thanks !

This is all I have...

Thanks Rob !

Those are great pics, I can spot some parts I wasnt able to see on my other refs ! I still have some area which are not covered by my refs though :(

I'm working slowly... but it's almost finished (not really finished, but I cant find any more parts...) :

8ft178.jpg

8ft179.jpg

8ft180.jpg

8ft181.jpg

8ft182.jpg

8ft183.jpg

8ft184.jpg

8ft185.jpg

Beautiful work MT! I'll see if I can find some hanger pics in my files later tonight.

Will you add a Corvette when you're done?

I just can't get over how amazing this build is, the hanger is an incredible peice of work J, awesome pics looking up into the hanger, brings a tear to the eye dude!.
Any luck on sorting out the superstructure panels yet, you mentioned a while back that the guy you had lined up can't do it anymore?.
Keep it coming mate, the Empires needing it to rebuild the fleet lol!.
Stu:lol

This is absolutely the most stunning thing I have seen. Congratulations (and a high amount of reverence and bowing ) are due to you. Thank you for your continued work to show how true replicas can be...

Here are a couple of shots. Kind of small but there is some visable detail. I may have more.....I'll see if I can find them later today. BTW, your work is amazing!
sw_landing_4_big.jpg

sw_landing_3_big.jpg

sw_landing_1_big.jpg

StarDestroyer094.jpg

Robert

Last edited:

I will never thank you enough for your kind words guys ! :)

Rob : your're contributing more than with the pics ! Im following with great interest your awesome DS thread and Im taking note on how to do pencil lines ! ;)

Scratchy, modeleers, no I wont build any Blockade Runner in scale with the ISD...

Stu, a fellow RPF member (I dont know if I can name him) contacted me a while back to help me for the plexi parts. I sent him the drawings, a few hours laters my parts were cut... I cant thank him enough for his help ! I'd receive the parts by the end of this week !

I have also good news about the domes, another fellow from the RPF did the domes for me. Because of me and of my poor explanations, they were a bit off, so he will redo them... Thanks to him too !!!

If both of you dont mind, I would like to put your name as, I couldnt do what Im doing without your help guys !

Robert, big thanks for those pics ! Ive been able to ID some more parts, one of them is quite big and I was hunting it for a long time but I hadnt good pics of it !

Here it is :

8ft186.jpg

Ive also noticed with Rob and Bob's pics that I did a mistake when gluing the forward hangar door... The kit part was actually cut in half and a strip of styrene was added in the middle to enlarge it. And it's even more clear on the pic with Mike Fulmer building the hangar since this part is unpainted, we can clearly see the styrene strip in the middle :

8ft187.jpg

I'm missing some more bits because of the lack of reference of just because I cant find the right parts. I'll add them at a later stage if I ever find them, if I cant, Ill scratchbuilt them or put instead of them similar parts... From the same kits used on the hangar of course, I dont want to betray the ILM's work.

Some pics with a primer coat :

8ft188.jpg

8ft189.jpg

8ft190.jpg

8ft191.jpg

8ft192.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Stu, a fellow RPF member (I dont know if I can name him) contacted me a while back to help me for the plexi parts. I sent him the drawings, a few hours laters my parts were cut... I cant thank him enough for his help ! I'd receive the parts by the end of this week !

You're very welcome Julian.:$ I really didn't do much, you've done all the work.
I'm blown away by the amount of work you've put into this,
it's taken me 4 months just to build my Tie Bomber.:cry

You're very welcome Julian.:$ I really didn't do much, you've done all the work.
I'm blown away by the amount of work you've put into this,
it's taken me 4 months just to build my Tie Bomber.:cry

Yeah you're right Jon, my drawing is beautiful ! :cool But useless without your help ! Thanks again... without you, the ISD wouldnt have been happened... that would have been a shame as I had already bought 90% of the kits to detail the superstructures !

Well, the Bomber is a small model and look pretty simple. But I found it was a tough task to make it right... That's not the easiest model to build IMHO !

Wow! I can't believe the amount of detail you've managed to get into that. Stunning work
bow.gif

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back