Hot toys...Who has some?

Latest HT for me.
The mouth area is the big gripe with collectors, but figure is incredibly poseable with the all rubber whatever it is body. I wanted to display something different from my other ALIEN stuff so hence the fetal ball pose.

Looks like he's trying to take a "monster" dump! :eek

Latest HT for me.
The mouth area is the big gripe with collectors, but figure is incredibly poseable with the all rubber whatever it is body. I wanted to display something different from my other ALIEN stuff so hence the fetal ball pose.

IMG_6072.jpg

Hey CD, I've been on the fence about this one for a while. Since you have one maybe you can answer a question for me.

I had been following the proto pics over at one sixth warrior as HT modified it... but one issue I had was the way the skull looked from under the dome... especially the eye sockets. They looked waaaaay off and "evil", slanted, not rounded (more human) like Giger's original. I've yet to see a clear pic of that part of his face or a straight head on shot.

Can you help shed light on that since he's finally been released and you have one?

Thanks bro!

-Kurt

Hey CD, I've been on the fence about this one for a while. Since you have one maybe you can answer a question for me.

I had been following the proto pics over at one sixth warrior as HT modified it... but one issue I had was the way the skull looked from under the dome... especially the eye sockets. They looked waaaaay off and "evil", slanted, not rounded (more human) like Giger's original. I've yet to see a clear pic of that part of his face or a straight head on shot.

Can you help shed light on that since he's finally been released and you have one?

Thanks bro!

-Kurt

They improved it from the first proto a lot, but was still off.
Lots of pics here of the shipping product....
http://www.thehiveforum.net/forum/index.php/topic,7086.150.html

Hot Toys could have done better that is for sure, it's "close enough" for most collectors I think.

But it is not fully what was hoped for.

Got the Joker DX as a Christmas present - and its amazing! My bro has all the HT Batman figs (minus the Begins figure - he has the better "original costume" one from TDK) and they are all awesome! Cant wait for the Inglourious Basterds figures!

They both look awesome!!! I have been on the fence with both of those myself, I still think I need to hold off...I'm pretty sure battle damaged Iron Man will be shipping from Sideshow in the next month or so, and DX Batman will be here in May.

The Comedians button doesn't have a smile face? That's ridiculous! Wonder what the reason for that was.

As mentioned on pg 1, I have the 3 Iron man and on the Sideshow wait list for the exclusive battle damage one. I got the Tumbler for my birthday last year and the DX joker for christmas. Bought a body blank for the additional police uniform Joker costume so I now have 2 Jokers (but no batman! yet!)

Oh and my girl and I split on the Wolverine ;)

I'm still waiting for the battle damaged MKIII iron man. but I missed out on buying the HT HALO seal years ago and always regret it

Just couldn't go to sleep until I fixed this.

Not perfect, but I'll take it over nothing.
Now I have to do the guns. So that is four more, and smaller. Sigh.

IMG_6570.jpg

Here's the artwork if anyone needs it.

I used clear decal sheet film from the Bare Metal Foil company.

And Microscale...

- liquid decal film (to protect after printing)

- liquid decal set to slide them on

- liquid micro sol as a final coating so they soften and conform, important on the button because it is curved.

Good stuff to have around anyways, custom decals obviously is a cool thing to be able to do.

comediansmiley.jpg

The new Iron Man mk.IV looks REALLY awesome along with the War Machine. I like how they went with the articulated fingers on them. I hope to see them release a mk.V and mk.VI

Ryu

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back