WW2 Captain America help

I am very curious to see what the movie suit will look like. I think that will be the one that I decide to go with. Replicating a costume from a comic book is tough because of the various interpitations people are able to make when translating the costume from comic page to reality.

My lid:

ultimates_capt_america_01.jpg

I was trying to capture the feel of the helmet's antique appearance when Tony Stark presented it to Steve up in his penthouse with Thor as the other dinner guest.

i did the whole costume (although working on improving/updating a lot of it!)

007sx0r2.jpg

100_1038-2.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

100_1028.jpg
DSC_0362.jpg

and the helmet:

100_0451.jpg

100_0416.jpg

and the shield:
100_0412.jpg

This was finished up the morning of, just before I left for SDCC, so its definitely still a work in progress. Redoing the star, and working on the mask right now. Thinking I want to fix up the pouches a little as well.

Oh, and Daryl, I sent you an email

Some really nice work here- One of the armors I've always wanted to make, is the Captain America scale mail. I'd also like to do an Aquaman in scale, too- seems a perfect media, even tho I'm not a fan of Aquaman. Not sure if they'd sell, being adjustable to fit only by just so much, and the design itself being a "niche market", not really the thing to sell fast at a Ren Faire. For the Cap armor, I'd also make a round shield from an aluminum sled disk. :)

If you think it would be helpful to your project to see some more example Captain America Costumes, there's a 6 page thread on Cap Costumes in the Captain America Costume Archive over on The Superhero Costuming Forum. You'll need a YUKU account and to apply for membership to view the forum first though (rubber stamp application to keep minors from accessing the site).

Good Luck with your project!

Allen

This is the best Captain by far in my opinion. It does not look all that hard. Thie trick will be the colors. To make it look right it needs to be subdued, worn and look just like this picture. This means digging, planning and getting vintage stuff to make it pop.

Does any one have a shot of his back?

074kr.jpg

This is one costume I would love to have, so I will be watching this thread very closely :)

THat picture of him storming the beach with the other soldiers looks awesome!!

Can anyone tell me what kind of lid to get for the WWII Cap? The ones posted here look amazing!

the helmets are WWII style, you can get thos anywhere, but if you want i have a few spares, and the mask and hood is a kind of leather looking thing, i did one but made it 2 pieces and bypassd the metal helmet...

DSCF2038.jpg

I was just thinking the goggles would look just as good as the mask. I want to wait and see what they do with the movie when it comes out. That will prob be the version I emulate.
How much for a lid?

I plan on modding this. An old leather football lid. Now I know its far more parts connecting it on top of the helmet than the image above shows, but it will fit and work better for wear IMO. I plan on wearing it backwards, modding the flap that would be the back and adding the chin straps.

Ill cut off the ears and maybe mod those to fit the goggles.
Shold be a good start and once tackled, the hardest part of this costume. Even the suit can be done nice and on a buget as well.
Back.jpg

Front.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back