Halloween Costumes for my Sons: Luke ROTJ and Luke ESB! (FINAL PICS ADDED 11/2)!

AT-AT Luvah

Sr Member
So last year I was very happy with my son's Han Solo ESB costume that was made by LadySewForUs and I am excited this year that she is putting together 2 costumes for my 2 oldest boys (5 and 3 years old).

They both want to be Luke Skywalker this year, so the 5 year old has picked the Luke ESB Bespin Fatigues costume while the 3 year old will be Luke Skywalker from ROTJ (without the robe).

This thread will be kept up to speed with progress pics and final shots on the road to Halloween.

There always seems to be one tricky element to these costumes and this time it's the boots for the ESB Luke. Any ideas on how to do those? Any suggestions or links would be appreciated!

Lady's AWESOME costume for my son from last year is below.

Hector

3011952476_4ff184a0ef.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Halloween Costumes for my Sons: Luke ROTJ and Luke ESB!

Your son looks great ! I wonder, could you go with a sewn boot cover for the ESB boots?

I loved your last thread, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these costumes. :thumbsup

Thanks, guys. I look forward to keeping this thread alive and jumping.

That's an idea, tictoc. I have no idea how to sew, so I have to somebody make them for me.

I was hoping somebody could point me to somebody here who has already made a Luke ESB costume, so I can glean some knowledge. I haven't been able to find anything online on how to get the boots made.

I'm pretty sure the boots were actually just shoes with wrappings, specifically hush puppies.

Really? He was using hush-puppies as base footwear in Empire? Okay. Now I need to get somebody to make me the wraps.

Anybody got a good close-up of these?

Measurements are on their way to Lady Sewforus. Very excited. Sent her reference pics of the boys, too, hoping they help.

Still wondering about the boot wraps - getting worried about that. Might have to ask her if she could make those, too.

Awesome! Thanks PadawanLearner - it's certainly a step in the right direction. Thanks!

Okay, so time to update with the final results.

Here's my oldest with his Luke Skywalker Bespin costume:

Base costume was by Ladysewforus!

Belt by Yoda111 (Paul) from here on the RPF.

Last edited:

Here's my other little guy as Luke from 'Return of the Jedi' - another fantastic costume by Ladysewforus!!!

Boots are Dublin Tall riding boots that are a godsend for these costumes.

Hector

And here they are, trick-or-treating at the mall on Saturday afternoon:

Last edited:

I'm guessing they joined the halloween contest on rebelscum?

Yes we did enter them into the Rebelscum Halloween Costume Contest. Every year they have a stipulation that there be some unique item in the photo to ensure original photos are submitted. This year, the 10th anniversary of Episode I, they chose to have contestants include E1 somewhere in the photo.

We won for originality last year, when the number 10 had to be in the photo.

I couldn't think of anything this year, so we just wrote it out on a chalkboard.

Hector

Looking good! Very nice costumes. I remember last years photos, as my 3 yr at the time was doing Han as well.

I see the Bespin costume now has the "mini blaster: that fits the youngsters better. That was a great add to last years costume for my son. It was way more to scale in the holster for him- even though he couldn't bring it to school.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back