Apocalypse sculpt

First I want to apologize to Jedistine for not making the DC deadline. I had a serious mold release problem when I cast up the head and it bonded to the mold...it was not a pretty moment but thankfully I managed to save everything and finally get some progress to show. Jedistine has been nothing but patient and understanding so I want to publicly say thank you to him and to all of you for the very kind feedback here.
...and here are some updates...:)

It's all cast in silicone, head and torso...
It's got about 20 layers of color on the face and only a few for the neck and head but it's well on it's way now. :)
The face is missing some depth and some highlights here and there but over all I'm pleased with the outlook so far. Sorry for the blurry pics.
It's very hard to photograph because the face is a blend of 4 different metallic powder pigments that reflect light like a mirrror...it looks cool in person but I'll be dammed if I can take a decent pic of it... :(

2006_1017layer20007.jpg

2006_1017layer20006.jpg

2006_1017layer20004.jpg

2006_1017layer20001.jpg

I'll be posting the body later this evening. :)

Getting there........ :confused

David

<div class='quotetop'>(jedistine @ Oct 17 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1339981[/snapback]</div>
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Getting there :thumbsup
[/b]

It sure is my friend. :)

...here's some of the chest. There are all sorts of washes on it but I dont think it's even close to being done yet...still, makes for fun eye candy I think...:)

2006_1017layer30001.jpg

2006_1017layer30008.jpg

Here it's all on top of a very tiny mannequin so the shoulders sag a bit but it still looks cool I think...:)

2006_1017layer40007.jpg

2006_1017layer40009.jpg

2006_1017layer40008.jpg

Hands down the most complex and intracate costume I've ever had to do....sculpted and cast forms that is....:)

David

thats just uber cool, this screams MOVIE QUALITY...........................

I thought it was a great sculpt but dang, that makes a great mask

Wow. Well done. This is a great piece of work man. Been watching from the beginning and its turned out beautifully.

Can I ask what mould release you used? I had a similar problem demoulding some platinum silicon recently and was told that it may have been because of the epoxy spray that I was actually recommended to use??

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back