How to Improve a Sideshow Terminator Endoskull

Kerr Avon

Master Member
I finally got my hands on one of the Sideshow Terminator Combat Veteran Endoskulls and I had to do a little improvement for it. I don't know what people know about it, but the combat veterans have paint over chrome plating to hide imperfections, as they couldn't be sold as the clean chrome ones. Well I got lucky, I got one that has next to no imperfections and went to work stripping most of the combat damage paint off of it. Here's a nice picture showing the difference between painted surface and the chrome surface after removing paint.

07-18-09-SSEndo-E.jpg

Here's the front before:

07-18-09-SSEndo-A.jpg

And here's the front after (with lights on too of course):

07-18-09-SSEndo-F.jpg

More pics here: http://home.comcast.net/~kerr345/terminator/Endoskull/terminator.htm

If you have one you can try this, I won't be responsible for any damage, but if you find bad imperfections in areas you can cover it up again with some black paint from an airbrush.

I've used non-acetone nail polish remover to do the same thing.

:) Just stay away from the eyes and the writing on the front plaque.

I've used non-acetone nail polish remover to do the same thing.

:) Just stay away from the eyes and the writing on the front plaque.

Yeah, I accidentally took off the "ON/OFF" writing on the back and realized that the lettering on the back and front are probably just paint too. I specifically avoided the plaque on the front because of that.

Hi,

Does the display stand is also weathered on the Combat version or is it clean ?

Thanks
Fred

Every bit of chrome is covered in paint. Its really too bad. They could have easily added SOME paint for the battle damage, but they instead covered every inch of the mirror polish chrome and covered it with paint.

Last edited:
They dont sell non-acetone nail polish remover in CA. So I used some with acitone in it, worked perfect, dident kill any of the plating and it dident even take the painted on T2 plaque part off like I read it would do, ended up great, my fav. piece in my collection!

They dont sell non-acetone nail polish remover in CA. So I used some with acitone in it, worked perfect, dident kill any of the plating and it dident even take the painted on T2 plaque part off like I read it would do, ended up great, my fav. piece in my collection!

They sell it at Target for sure. I picked some up a few months ago.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back