1.2 MB · Views: 421
  • PlayCloak2.JPG
    PlayCloak2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 440
  • PlayCloak1.JPG
    PlayCloak1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Next I'm going to make an adult-sized cloak out of silk velvet. The problem is you need twice as much material than a normal cloak because of the nap in the fabric. So, 13 yards of material at $30 per yard makes for an expensive garment. And, that is all before the hand work. I'm not sure there will be much of a market for something so costly, but I'll be sure to post pictures of my finished cloak. I need to have it ready to attend the "Cursed Child" in London in late September. (Yes, I'm a Harry Potter freak.)

I do have a half-finished child-sized cloak in gray silk velvet, but I'll need to line it before it can be sold. I'll post pictures of it and put it on the junkyard for sale when its ready.

Imellies, your girls must just LOVE your cloak! You did a wonderful job on it and I think using the sheer material for kids, for safety so that they can still see and be seen, is brilliant!

Beautiful work!
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
As I looked at pictures of the original cloak, I believe you are right -- there are a lot more stars and moons. I think I can add some more to this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I'm not so sure my gold serpents on the front are quite right, but I can't really fix that on this one.

I'll try to add more stars & moons, and then put it on the Junkyard for auction (I really have no idea what it is worth).

Good work. You now own the best cloak of invisibility I have seen outside of the screen-used one. Congrats!

Last edited:
I was actually getting ready to just finish up some of the ones I started. Most are not the best (silk) fabric, but may be usable. I expect to finish over the Memorial Day weekend. I'll post something here when ready to put on the junkyard.

Hi found myself here looking for an invisibility cloak. Impressed with how it turned out. Are you willing to commission one? Very interested here.

No, I'm not using devore. I am experimenting with paintbrushes, stamps, stencils and embossing. I carved a rubber dragon stamp, but the image isn't really clear when stamped with paint (see below). I've ordered a DIY screen printing kit to try to do a better dragon around the edges of the garment. I'm hoping the screen printing will allow for more detail.
View attachment 572484 (Original) View attachment 572482 (Blurred stamp)
Hi, would you consider making one to sell? Id be interested in buying it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back