Star Trek 2009 pic request... red scanner used in medical bay

prototype7

Okay to any of you that can help. I'm looking for pics or caps of the red, handheld scanner that is used in sick bay during Spock's monologue about being "a member of an endangered species..." It is right after Vulcan has been destroyed and the rest of the Vulcan people are being checked by medical staff. Somebody, can't remember who, has a red scanner in their hand that is blinking. I'm wondering if I just ran into the found item today... I was going to post pics but for some reason I can't get into my photobucket account. I will try again tomorrow but in the meantime, can anyone post some pics of the movie for me?

mscan.jpg

Here ya go... looks sort of like a little maglite to me

okay... does the tip of that thing look tapered to anyone else? If so then I could be wrong... but this little guy just looked to perfect. It's a safety light/whistle but I think once you take off the whistle it's really close! Only thing is I can't see the ribbing in the movie version but the speed of the blinking seems like it would match up. Given that the scene in the movie is played in slow motion... I'll see if I can get a video up this weekend as I'm going to go buy one on Friday. But here it is.

img1247631341980.jpg

img1247631342536.jpg

What do you think?

It's doubtful... to me the movie item looks like it has a "flare" of some sort at the tip. It also does not appear ro have little ribs on it like the found item does. I guess dvd caps will help.

Yeah, the screen cap looks very smooth. Maybe the gutted your piece and put it into a translucent red lucite tube or something?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back