My "Batman Begins" / "Dark Knight" KBillan V.2 Belt Buildup

jvasilatos

Sr Member
Finished this week. It's a great kit. If only these came in real metal... but I understand someone is working on that! ;-)

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

you know...for a kit that isn't metal, that is amazingly well detailed and very authentic. Did you need to assemble and paint it?

It came in powdercoated resin parts, with extra metal powder so that I was able to airbrush it with a lacquer and gold powder topcoat when it was assembled to cover any nicks or scratches from handling during assembly. It looks durable, is durable, feels fragile since it is kind of lightweight, but still a great accessory. I streamlined it with metal bars as opposed to the plastic grey bars that came with the kit so that the side boxes and capsules that have magnets cast into them would attach without having to affix them permanently to the belt.

JV

It came in powdercoated resin parts, with extra metal powder so that I was able to airbrush it with a lacquer and gold powder topcoat when it was assembled to cover any nicks or scratches from handling during assembly. It looks durable, is durable, feels fragile since it is kind of lightweight, but still a great accessory. I streamlined it with metal bars as opposed to the plastic grey bars that came with the kit so that the side boxes and capsules that have magnets cast into them would attach without having to affix them permanently to the belt.

JV

Brilliant modifications! Nice to know they included some extras in case you need to touch it up too. Looks great man! ^_^

thanks for the kind words. I try to make it a no brainer as in the past, building a belt was a TASK. So this belt, has been designed with ease of build in mind.

here is a pic on my Begins suit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back