My newest Iron Man prop

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks to Jedifyfe, this sucker turned me on to an inexpensive prop relating to Ironman that goes perfect with the rest of my collection.

Dummy phone from eBay = $25.00
Cleand up screen caps = $0.00
Print out from Kinko's = $0.63
Awesome Ironman prop = priceless

P1010022.JPG

(I realize this image looks photo shopped but I assure you, my girlfriend just took a really good picture :D)

What's really cool about the dummy phone is it has the same weight as the real deal and the screen flips up exactly like the operating model.

If you decide to to this, here's what you need to do:

1. Flip open the screen and remove the 4 little rubber screw covers from the back of the screen.
2. Remove the 4 screws that hold the screen on.
3. Once that's done the screen will still be held firmly in place. You will need to CAREFULLY pry off the screen around the edges using your thumbnail.
3. Your printed pic (once sized properly) will fit on the inside of your screen. The frame will hold it in place. No gluing neccessary. Leave the existing graphic in the phone as it will give your new picture "support".
4. Snap back in place and replace screws.

If you have your pic ready and your dummy phone in hand it only takes about 10 minutes.

That's great. What did the people Kinkos think when you wanted a half naked picture of The Dude printed?

That's great. What did the people Kinkos think when you wanted a half naked picture of The Dude printed?

It wasn't a surprise at all! Over the last couple of years we have gone to the same location and dealt with the same rep so she's used to seeing all kinds of bizzarre paper props from us. She was actually a little dissapointed that this time around this was all we wanted! :lol

LOVE THIS!!

Ok, what is the model number etc to buy a demo model?

What did you put into search engine to find one? (to go right to it)

Have an extra? (sell me yours? hehehehe...)

Let me know.
Great JoB
Tom

Nice work FJ! That pic really does look photoshopped! Amazing how nice the pic turned out.

Tom, search "dummy LG" or "display LG" on ebay.

Brad

I just did a search and it appears us prop guys wiped them out! :lol
However, it looks like you can still buy a damaged one pretty cheap.

Did u use photo paper or regular paper?

And would you mind sharing your screencap with us fine folks?

Last edited:
Sure! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the graphic. It's really big but once reduced it looks fantastic (Kinko's will size it for you if you bring it in on a flash drive). I think the paper she used to print it on was "superbright".

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back