Farnsworth Discussion

Re: Warehouse 13 Farnsworth Research Thread

What's the proper model BK Tester for the switches?

Should be the 350 or 400. (EDIT-The buttons on the 350 are not correct)

I just picked one up for $10 + shipping.

It would be nice to have another source, since there's not that many on ebay with the correct switches.

Last edited:

This is what I copied down before the original thread got deep 6'ed.

by Darthsaber
Paint gloss brown (espresso)
after dry light steel wool than buff to semi gloss

next use Renaissance brown metallic glaze (found at Michaels)
(Elegant Finish - Ren Brown DGM01) (think that's the right serial no. can't read my own writing)
Spunge on glaze, let dry, steel wool to smooth out, buff again.

By Wildeferer
Leather brown Rustolium, once dry
Black Metallic Rustolium then immedeatly dab with balled piece of plastic wrap.

Should be the 350 or 400.

I just picked one up for $10 + shipping.

It would be nice to have another source, since there's not that many on ebay with the correct switches.

I just picked one up for $10.00 also. You should be able to find one.

Just as a note for those looking for the gold boxes, I wasn't able to get one of the gold boxes, so what I did was remove the thin metal strip on the inside, grind down the backside of all of the rivets and replace it with a piece of 1/2" brass from Hobby Town. It looks just like the gold version, without the search.

P1060230.jpg

Gregg

For those that didn't get in on the runs of specially made Farnsworth lenses, what did you use for the screen?

For those that didn't get in on the runs of specially made Farnsworth lenses, what did you use for the screen?

I'm going to try using 3" magnifying lenses and maybe putting a photo of Artie on the other side. Or just simply painting it with gray.

The Podcast for Mild Mannered has more stuff on the Farnsworth for those interested.

Act 2 in the coffee shop at night.

Don't know if you guys have seen it or not but QMx has announced their Warehouse 13 license with the Farnsworth being one of the first items produced.

Well, I guess that answers the question as to why universal was so adamant about the C&D they issued.

That's awesome that they got the liscence, except for the fact that it's QMX, after we see the Farnsworth, there will be nothing but posters and paper props

What do you think the price is going to be on the QMX Farnsworth?

I say $350-$400.

Im also wondering if they manufactured everything, or they just did what we did.... purchased the parts from Wheatley, knob stores, electronic shops, etc.

Two prototypes will be on display at San Diego Comic-Con: an exact replica of the hero prop with grey screen and an “idealized” version with more detailed weathering and a realistic, semi-transparent screen.

Be on the lookout for maps of Warehouse 13, posters, blueprints
Idealized version? :confused

What do you think the price is going to be on the QMX Farnsworth?

I say $350-$400.

Im also wondering if they manufactured everything, or they just did what we did.... purchased the parts from Wheatley, knob stores, electronic shops, etc.

Wow! That much???

That just about does it for me, since I never got a faceplate and don't really know what to substitute it with. I think I have all the other parts accurately, but can't compete with the weathered faceplate.

Whats with the green weathering on the Qmx? This is brass not copper. Did someone sneeze?

whats with that screen, sticks out way too much. wonder if they used our research...

I don't if it's just me, but the crystal on the first pic is a bit strange. Seems like it protrudes more than the cabochons mentioned here.

And the weathering on the leather case doesn't seem like it's enough to match the weathering on the Farnsworth.

And what's with the black screen?

i will say i hope they make the phoenix and some other affordable artifacts, id buy those in an instant. paper props...not so much.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back