Found a Curcuit board. w/ all gold traces

Darth_Pain

[attachmentid=7926][attachmentid=7907]I found this at a yardsale. I'd like to know if it's the one used in any of the movie sabers. I thought it looks kinda like the board in the Barbican Vader saber. If it's not and original SW item, I could use it in a custom or I was thinking about useing it in my Luke V2, since that cb hasn't been identified yet.
btw- I bought that for $1 :D

My browser loads only a third of the image. Perhaps you have used up your attachment storage space?
Try to crop the image to just the circuit board and/or change size of the image. Delete the previous stored image and upload the smaller pic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth_Pain @ May 6 2006, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1239519[/snapback]</div>
How's that? I made the pic smaller w/ les quality.
[/b]

The image works now, looks like a gold plated edge conector... And would work fine...

You will probably see many more gold plated PC boards in the near future as the RoHS compliance standards start to kick in this year, steering away from the traditional Lead/Tin they have used for years...

My PC board manufacture, is already doing gold or silver immersion as their new standard...

FYI...The other side has thicker bars,and 60/40 Thick to thin length. Rather the 50/50 in the pic.
It's def. not the board used for the shared stunt. Probably not used in the films at all, just thought I'd try. :unsure

Not too bad. The real Vader/Luke ESB board was white like this one, but the thin bars were silver.
If this board has 13 bars per 2 inches like the original, then it might just be worth it to cover the thin bars with some self-adhesive metal foil (such as "Bare Metal Chrome"). It would take a scalpel and some patience though.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back