WIP - My Prop Room/Attic - PIC INTENSE

Droidboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
About4 years ago, shortly after we moved into our new 89 year old house, I decided to completely piss my wife off and cut a 12' x 12' hole in the ceiling to expose access to the attic.

Over the last 4 years I have slowly worked on it as money has become available...often times leaving it tarped up for 6 months at a time, but now it's about ready to show it off.

The result it about a 425 sq foot addition to the house, with a new 1/2 bath (not pictured). The floors are solid bamboo, the spiral staircase is iron, and all of the trim work is poplar stained to match the existing oak in the house. I still need to do some buttoning up in the bathroom, some small trim stuff and lights on the Action/Adventure Wing, and put the remaining railing in for the Sci Fi Wing. At that point I can finally work on displaying the pieces how they need to be displayed, clean up everything, and dig props out of boxes where they have sat for the last 5 years.

Now on to the pics.....

Action/ Adventure Wing...

I still have a complete screen used costume of Penelope Cruz to be displayed when it comes back from a loan. It's the costume you see on the Sahara movie poster. At some point I'd also like to bring my Ark up here.

P1040448.jpg

P1040442.jpg

P1040443.jpg

P1040446.jpg

P1040447.jpg

P1040449.jpg

This is the door to the bathroom. R5 is over here because I was running out of room on the other side.

P1040450.jpg

SCI FI Wing

I still have a lot of work to do over here, but it's a start. That's a soon to be resurrected Jawa on the floor. Trying to decided whether to bring up my Pepsi Watto or get rid of it. Anyone???

P1040451.jpg

P1040455.jpg

P1040453.jpg

P1040452.jpg

Good shot of the lights...

P1040454.jpg

P1040456.jpg

P1040457.jpg

P1040458.jpg

P1040459.jpg

P1040460.jpg

Gregg

Nice job on your collection room & it looks like a great place to hang out/escape.

I have always wanted to use a sitting mannequin and I think that it totally suits Indy.

nice work! :love

Thanks for all the kind words. Hopefully I'll be able to get to Ikea soon and buy some chairs for up there and get the newel posts made so I can put up the rest of the railing.

It's amazing to me how easy carpentry and woodworking has gotten after building props for the last 15 years or so.

Gregg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back