Daft Punk Guy Helmet: Final p.16, TRON p.20

Re: Daft Punk Helmet Build - FINISHED! p.16 for pics & vid

You can get away with using Facebook - what you need to do is upload the image there, go to the page for the image and then right click on it and select "view image" and use the new URL that comes up with only the picture.

There you go. BTW - this last one should be your avatar picture:

40334_428260298679_500928679_4771218_343354_n.jpg

Looks like your making progress.

You could probably start your own build thread on your helmet with what you've got so far. :thumbsup

Looks like your making progress.

You could probably start your own build thread on your helmet with what you've got so far. :thumbsup

Indeed. Not that I mind people posting their stuff on this thread, but it is more for my build-up of the helmet than a general "all DP helmets" thread.

Definitely start one of your own, you've got a good base going!

Indeed. Not that I mind people posting their stuff on this thread, but it is more for my build-up of the helmet than a general "all DP helmets" thread.

Definitely start one of your own, you've got a good base going!

Thanks Volpin! I'll start my own thread... I'll have to figure out how to do that though.

I hope you don't mind me coming back here for advice though?

I have just gone back and read through your first stages and can fully appreciate the amount of sanding down and building back up you had to do to get the curvature correct (such hard work!).

I had a disaster after I put the clay on too, I figured i'd put fibre glass over the top and then sand that down (not sure why, I've never done anything like this) but I forgot to put the hardener in the fibre glass!! tried to rescue it by pasting in some hardener but there are still some places where the fibre glass is soggy... I'm thinking of a way to overcome this. Another layer of fibre glass with hardener maybe?

Think I'm going to ask some of the joiners where I work to do the ear pieces for me (I'll just have to accept the ribbing they'll give me... "Still playing with your helmet all the time")

Thanks for putting up such a detailed write up of this. :thumbsup

What is up with the light suit? Any info? That is pretty darn cool as well! :)

so if someone asked to comission you again for another build and was cash serious would you do it all again? also this is an awesome build its actually the reason i started lurkin this forum way back when you first started this

DC was a blast! Just got back in town from a business trip so I've been catching up online since Monday. Ended up taking an honorable mention in the Friday Night Costume Contest, and conceded the "Audience Choice" award to a 10-year-old who probably got a bigger kick out of winning than I would have. I also found out that the helmet is SUPER hot under stage lighting. It actually fogged up a bit after being on stage for 10 minutes. ew.

4964545205_96374038f2_b.jpg

I'll post some more info on the gloves when I've got a better solution than what I came up with. They worked will temporarily, but needed repair after only one day of use.

What is up with the light suit? Any info? That is pretty darn cool as well! :)

Not mine, but a guy I met at DC who is a freaking electronics genius. You can check out his work here: uiproductions

so if someone asked to comission you again for another build and was cash serious would you do it all again? also this is an awesome build its actually the reason i started lurkin this forum way back when you first started this

I know, now, why the originals cost $65,000. If anyone is genuinely serious, it would take a five figure pricetag for me to revisit the project.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back