Batman sculpture work. Chest is Cast Up!

Ben_Forsaken,
Thanks and hope to hear what you think of the finished sculpt. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Jun 5 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1256840[/snapback]</div>
Awesome. :D :thumbsup

You probably have all the ref you need by now, but here are the pix I took last year at Toys R Us in Manhattan, just for grins.

http://homepage.mac.com/ktate/extra/BBTRU/index.htm

- k
[/b]

Hey Thanks again buddy.
Just went through all the photos and realized I had this link months ago...but lost it. This is really going to come in handy now. :)
Truly appreciated...once again thanks man....

David

STill as awesome as ever Dave. :thumbsup
I missed the negative stuff, but I'll bet I know where it came from without even having read it.
Keep your head up high, your work speaks for itself.
-Brin

[/quote]

Thanks everyone.:)
Damian...any time buddy. Let me know when you want to drop by....just bring your work clothes...:)

Jonathan, yea, been a while since you saw this...almost there buddy. If Damian swings by...you can bet you get the gig to life cast him from the waist down.... :lol

Synasp and Kell...thanks guys. Only my 3rd try at this....hoping 3rd times the charm. Appreciate the kind words. :thumbsup

David
[/quote]

Damn I KNEW there would be a catch involving Jon... :confused

I just might have to twist your arm for one of those... Let me know if you ever need models for your booths. Talk to you soon man.

Damian

Damian and Brin.. :thumbsup

Ok some more pics.
Begun evening out the clay..free from lumps and getting it smooth...here are some close ups..

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/UDesigns1/UniversalDesigns2/sm4.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/UDesigns1/UniversalDesigns2/SM3.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/UDesigns1/UniversalDesigns2/SM2.jpg[/image]

Seriously looking forward to this being finished.
Enjoy.

David

I just absolutely love seeing this work in progress, Seeing this made me go to my supplies and see if they sell this chevant clay as I so badly wanna have one of these, fantastic just cant say anthing but brilliant love it.
CT

umm, its not as good as mine, and let me tell you why im cool... :unsure

LOL. :lol sorry i had to. :p

seriously though lookin frickin unreal david. :love

man that detail in the abs is AWESOME. very intricuit work, and very well mirrored one side to the other.

keep us updated on this bad boy... er BAT boy as it were.

would love to have one one day, maybe when i win the lottery you can make me one.

anywho, keep up the great work. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks big time to everyone.

Well..he's Done.
:)
The back needed a little more tweaking so at the time of the pics I hadnt primed it yet.

fsdeeehb.jpg

Few more with primer in progress..

primed3.jpg

primed2.jpg

primed1.jpg

Finish with primer...clear coat...flat black spray for the entire torso...gloss black for the chest bat then mold time. :)

Let me knw what you think so far.

David

He looks killer mean, man... ready to kick some serious butt. Very impressive sculpt and very convincing texturing and smoothness. Waiting with anticipation to see what it will look like when painted. :thumbsup

I don't think I've ever felt this much lust for a prop/replica. It's amazing, I love it.

Sadly I'm sure I'd never be able to afford one.

I would positively KILL to have a lifesize Batman that amazing in my home. You've got incredible skills man. To make it that even, symetrical and smooth? Sheesh.

When they invent some new words to describe how great that looks I'll use em. Amazing and Incredible don't seem to be capturing the feeling I get looking at those pics.

I hate to say it, but I think 'Lust' was the right word, lol.

As always, a big thanks for the kind words. :) Very nice of you all....and I wish I had more free time to really get this one done...done and done. Once and for all... :p
Once I finish priming/clear coating the entire sculpt I'll start molding it.

Ben your post really hit home for me because I'm in your same shoes for something else entirely...however, unfortunatley...all I can say is that in 'my' case...I just wont be parting with any copies....This truly is for my own private and ever growing collection. Sorry buddy. :(

More to come...rest of the elements to complete this dark knight also on the way...

David

David,

I'm new on here and so I'm just catching up with your work. It's really awesome. A very long time ago I sculpted a Keaton bat-suit (kinda, mask and chest piece only.) And from that, I know how hard it is to get the left and right sides to match. I'm in awe of the work you've done on the suit so far. I still sculpt, but find that it takes me much longer than I think it should. LOL

I'd love to see more of your stuff.. Drop me a PM if you have some extra time and perhaps a link to a site where you have a gallery.

Shawn

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back