Batman sculpture work. Chest is Cast Up!

Thank you guys... Very kind.

Weekly update...:)

Some WIP back pics..still some lumps in the clay but they'll get tooled out...

wback8.jpg

wback3.jpg

Front is pretty much done...some little tweaking but he's just about ready to be made uber smooth..

wback.jpg

The light off to the right plays a funny effect on this pic...amkes it look as if he's walking forward with one arm forward and one back..:lol

wback6.jpg

wback7.jpg

wback5.jpg

wback4.jpg

A little bit of time and this week he could be done...time time time...
Critiques always welcome. :)

David

It seems completely beyond me that someone could do this stuff from clay. I've only used it a few times but I was absoultely awful with the stuff. It just seems more than impossible to me.

Incredible work, really.

yet again im picking my jaw up off the floor, im gonna have a real problem unless you hurry up and get this finished.

awesome.

<div class='quotetop'>(westies 14 @ Jun 5 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]1256749[/snapback]</div>
Looking better with each pass. Sorry if I missed it, but what's your final material slated to be? Latex? Urethane?
[/b]

Thanks..
Wont be latex or urethane.

Silicone for sure, and I'm giving this a shot with foam latex. Will be my first torso foam casting. Been working at it for a while...trying to find my comfort zone with foam but it's going to be a long and expensive road...still, time to try new things.

David

That suit looks awesome. Don't worry about the negative posts David...there are a lot of keyboard commando's out there. Keep the pics coming and let those who say "they know best" prove it. So far you've done just that.

womo

<div class='quotetop'>(womo68 @ Jun 5 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]1256763[/snapback]</div>
That suit looks awesome. Don't worry about the negative posts David...there are a lot of keyboard commando's out there. Keep the pics coming and let those who say "they know best" prove it. So far you've done just that.

womo
[/b]

Thanks Womo.
I'll just keep doing my thing..their agenda is clear. I'm starting to feel I should apologize for having a life.. :lol :lol :lol

David

Love seeing the progress, Dave. Now, if you had only sculpted half of it and photoshopped it to the other half, you might get some props.

Hella job.

DT

<div class='quotetop'>(BelmontBat @ Jun 5 2006, 04:19 PM) [snapback]1256774[/snapback]</div>
Love seeing the progress, Dave. Now, if you had only sculpted half of it and photoshopped it to the other half, you might get some props.

Hella job.

DT
[/b]

:lol :lol :lol
Thanks Warren...
Unfortunately this is all elbow grease and patience......and I'm not computer handy anyhow.... B)

David

<div class='quotetop'>(DAVIDYR1 @ May 28 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1251951[/snapback]</div>
Still trying to make heads or tails from this new camera. Still old pics for now but while cleaning out my folder I found these...thought they were cool.
Gives a 'bit' of an idea of what's to come when it's all ready.
:)

clouds2.jpg

clouds3.jpg

I'm looking forward to posting CURRENT pics... :(

David
[/b]

I am moving to canada to be one of your costume models...

Damian

Incredible. You never fail to impress, David. And thank you for sharing your talent with us here and allowing us to drool over your hard work.

You've got scary skills and attention to details. Keep it up. :thumbsup :thumbsup

D

<div class='quotetop'>(Cptnchaos @ Jun 5 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1256908[/snapback]</div>
I am moving to canada to be one of your costume models...

Damian
[/b]

Oooh, can I help do a lifecast on ya big boy? :love

Great work there Dave. It's really coming along from when I last saw it.

Jonathan

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ Jun 5 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]1256957[/snapback]</div>
Dave you rock. You got skills and talent. Please keep us updated ...

Kell
[/b]

Thanks everyone.:)
Damian...any time buddy. Let me know when you want to drop by....just bring your work clothes...:)

Jonathan, yea, been a while since you saw this...almost there buddy. If Damian swings by...you can bet you get the gig to life cast him from the waist down.... :lol

Synasp and Kell...thanks guys. Only my 3rd try at this....hoping 3rd times the charm. Appreciate the kind words. :thumbsup

David

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back