Reference pics of Red Five X-Wing?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CessnaDriver @ May 3 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]1237395[/snapback]</div>
Anyone have links to reference pics of studio model of Luke's Red Five?

Thanks much in advance.
[/b]

Here is a link on my site that has some really good shots from the CC X-Wing Disk. There are some movie shots, and shots of Chris King's CC X-Wing. All the images for those who care are there with permission by the different sources.

http://www.blockheadpictures.com/CCDiskImages.html

JDH

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jades Dark Heart @ May 3 2006, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1237529[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CessnaDriver @ May 3 2006, 01:20 AM) [snapback]1237395[/snapback]
Anyone have links to reference pics of studio model of Luke's Red Five?

Thanks much in advance.
[/b]

Here is a link on my site that has some really good shots from the CC X-Wing Disk. There are some movie shots, and shots of Chris King's CC X-Wing. All the images for those who care are there with permission by the different sources.

http://www.blockheadpictures.com/CCDiskImages.html

JDH
[/b][/quote]

Great pics, thank you. That is the kit I am going to tackle.
Was there really yellow on the top of the fuselage? It must be very subtle.
I always see toys and models put it there but the screen grabs it really doesnt show up much.

Red Five must have been Gold something once upon a time. LOL

Was there really yellow on the top of the fuselage? It must be very subtle.[/b]

Yeah it is there, but it is very distressed. The top picks are the ones that Revell took when they were designing the first X-Wing model back in 78'

The sad thing is the actual red 5 miniature was re-painted and it's paint job details were lost to the sands of time. :(

Of all the models to repaint, sheesh

Great pics, thank you. That is the kit I am going to tackle.[/b]

Don't forget to watch the videos for building her:

http://www.blockheadpictures.com/instructions.html

Hosted with permission by Scott Alexander

Yes I found the videos.

The kit looks actually reasonably easy to build and paint.
A little more so if you go with lights. Which I might as well do.
I do want to put in "glass" in the canopy though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CessnaDriver @ May 3 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]1237720[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Oh, don't underestimate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spiker @ May 3 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1237754[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CessnaDriver @ May 3 2006, 06:33 PM) [snapback]1237720[/snapback]
[/b]

Oh, don't underestimate.
[/b][/quote]

I guess its all relative to ones experience at modelling.
We shall see. Ill be sure to put the pics up here when its done.

It took me a year and a half to build my first one and I am damn proud of my early work :)

I cannot wait to see your progress.

Greg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jades Dark Heart @ May 4 2006, 09:49 AM) [snapback]1238289[/snapback]</div>
It took me a year and a half to build my first one and I am damn proud of my early work :)

I cannot wait to see your progress.

Greg
[/b]

A new dremel is on my soon to purchase list, and the great tips from folks like yourself and others are a huge help. Ive built models since childhood off and on. Aircraft and spacecraft, real and sci fi. I sure wish the internet had been around back in the day. So much more to learn.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back