"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!!

Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished!

Looking good Hotshot! Agree on the semi-gloss - looks a little too flat just now.

I love to have one in my collection you selling any of these ? Very cool !!!!!!

I want this gun. I want this gun NOW!
Can you post a pic of you holding the gun? I would like to see the scale. If it's as big as you say it is, heck, you don't need no stinkin' bullets to knock some poor ******* over the head and lay him out cold!

I'll be doing a prepainted run, similar to the Davy Jones pipes I did last year, but for now . .we'll just keep playing here in the thread. . . I'm having waaay to much fun!!

Small bump/ update.

I'll be doing the new paint job tonight, and will start making copies.
Interst thread will hit the JY tommorow and we'll go from there.
Run will be one of my fully painted and finished runs, lie the Davy Jones pipe and the Scout Blasters.

In December/January, I'll be offering the bullets and the brass plate so you's guys can build a box for it. Plans for the box will be in that thread.

I'm really happy to get to do this, as well as how this thread turned out! Too fun!!

See you all tonight with pics!!

Can't wait to see it. Such and awesome idea.

I'm not allowed to post in the Junkyard yet though.:unsure

Wait no more!
Sorry this took so long to post, but there's now so many layers of paint on this poor prototype, I've been smnding and resanding so that I can get a smooth coat. It kinda worked.

I'm not completely happy with this, but the theory/excution plan is there, and I'm VERY pleased with that!!

I've gone back over the color coding and screen caps, and feel I've got a good mix going on, and I really like the 'shine' on the gun. I just put an elevated mask down, and hit it with one or two quick swipes of white.

I wanted a bit more of the odd animation style shading that the movie had, and I tried a bunch of defferent styles, and settled
Adding a few touches of white, blue, and grey added the shading, nd made the look complete on pastel chalk.

Sealed with a semi-gloss, the gun really comes together.

It's nice and big, just about the size of a Samartian, and is a decent weight, maybe about 7 pounds.

I'm gonna start a FS thread in the JY if anyone wants one!!

finishedprototype.jpg

holdingthetoongun.jpg

This is the 'surprise' that's going out with the three guns next week. Thought you guys would really get a kick out of it!

It's actually screen accurate, all except for a dissapearing will. But I'm workin' on that.

jessyletter2.jpg

I used a Createx pearl red, really looks like an inky lipstick!
jessyletter3.jpg

Here's a cap.
screencapletterwill.jpg

If anyone wants to attempt the will, PM me, I'll send the big file.

Yea, I can knock on out for you. They were 25 buckaroos. They're nice!

I'm trying to get a few more props made from this film, and am trying to focus right now on the logistics of an Acme box collection. I was able to get great pics of the Glue boxes and Eyeballs boxes at Disnel last month, and thanks to Howlrunner, have the Black hole art. I'm lso working on the Disappearing/Reapperaing Ink bottle.

I'm still retraining my hands to sculpt so i can get those bullets done too.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back