*WIP: Studio Scale Escape Pod*

Then again you can wait for the Studio Scale Escape Pod kit the will be out later next month... :)
So your serious about the escape pod comming out in July?...

OK. I'm back in the saddle again. Mentally that is. My day job has been keeping me busy (and my mother is visiting us :cry ) so no physical changes to the model itself with the exception of a fine layer of dust now coating it. I did recieve the following kits this week:

M4 Sherman (correct scale this time)
M10 Tank Destroyer with the mystery part (Thanks 1138 for the ID.)
Fruehauf Tanker

You veteran SS builders will appreciate this. I've learned that just because you scored a part doesn't mean your ready to get back to business. Oh no, the multiple casts of the part have to be made first. Excitement is short lived.

BUT just to assure some of you that I haven't bailed on the pod here are some pics from last week's minimal efforts.

IMG_0818_1.jpg

IMG_0821_1.jpg

818.jpg

Or I "can wait for the Studio Scale Escape Pod kit that will be out later next month... " :lol

Nahhh id build it yourself buddy, your doing a fine job and why pay $$$ for someone elses work when you know your capable of pulling it off yourself. keep it up man.....lee

*bump*
Any progress ?

[edit] Hey Apophis . Yeah I'm thinking about posting the progress of my stuff here . I don't know if what I do is great but thanks dude =) [/edit]

<div class='quotetop'>(MonsieurTox @ Jul 15 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1281561[/snapback]</div>
*bump*
Any progress ?
[/b]

No progress lately. I've had to shift focus to house stuff. Today I worked on a landing for my deck. It was a mild 104 degrees when I wrapped it up at 11am. I thought about working on the pod but I was to fried so I watched a two-hour special on comic books on the History Channel. Next weekend, VEGAS BABY... Then it's get the front part of the house ready to reshingle and reframe the windows.

You married guys will appreciate this. I'm basically having to build up some "credit". I worked on the pod quite a bit so now I have to do some stuff around the house to keep "The Boss" happy and earn more pod time. :rolleyes

Forgive my ignorance regarding this SS model - but is the body (third stage from the top) section a common model kit part?

Thanks.

Howard.

<div class='quotetop'>(Howard @ Aug 30 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1310007[/snapback]</div>
Forgive my ignorance regarding this SS model - but is the body (third stage from the top) section a common model kit part?

Thanks.

Howard.
[/b]

Nobody have any ideas? :unsure

Hey just wanted to share a confirmed part with you. In the past folks had thought the Tank track that goes around the perimeter was from a 1/35 Tamiya Panzer kampfwagen IV Ausf. H. Upon closer look the cleats on the MK IV tracks are the raised late "V" ice cleats.

The reference pictures of the studio model clearly show two notches in each cleat and that my friend will come from none other than the Tamiya 1/35 Panzer kampfwagen III Ausf. M/N The MK III has the early style German track that was found to be terrible in the snow and ice of the Eastern front so they produced a raised "V" ice cleat track. The studio model has the early version track found in the the kit mentioned above. The picture below shows the two sets of track, thought th epic on top its hard to see the two notches but trust me they are there.

187362808.jpg

Steve

A lot of sealab parts on this model... :D

sealab1pn3.jpg

A few more bones...

Tamiya - 1/700 scale - Japanese Battleship Yamato (older version)
AMT/Ertl - 1/25 scale - Kenworth T600A Tractor Trailer Rig
Bandai - 1/48 scale - German Panther Ausf. G Sd.Kfz.171
Bandai - 1/48 scale - German King Tiger Tank
Aurora - 1/48 scale - M8E2 US Munitions Carrier

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back