My Darth Vader reveal helmet and bust - project. New headsculpt on post 59

Trap Joe

Sr Member
This is one very old lifesize project of me. Started 1997 ended in 2004.
I´m planning to do some new additions, soon. I do have replacement parts waiting for him into my shelf, to update him. I´m only waiting for some pieces in the inside of the mask, to get it finished, forever. Here´s how it looks.
I also did the sculpt on the Anakin head :

Last edited:
Re: the first(?) completed Darth Vader reveal

That looks fantastic Trap Joe!:thumbsup
What cool upgrades have you got?:love

That looks fantastic Trap Joe!:thumbsup
What cool upgrades have you got?:love

Thank you!!!
More glenn ross dental expanders. My mask actually has 6 original ones, and I´m still looking for more. A bunch of metal parts for the "forehead". Darkside´s great part that goes into the inside of the jaw next to Vader´s mouth. And a dental necklace.

what is the dental necklace? Are you phoning Dentists and Hospitals looking for Glenross Screws , That's what I did?

Re: Darth Vader reveal - the first(?) completed custom made lifesize

Hey `joe,

Can you remember where you got the parts for the inside of the mask? The brass discs, ribbed tubes and the part under the eyes?

what is the dental necklace? Are you phoning Dentists and Hospitals looking for Glenross Screws , That's what I did?

It´s the same than this one. Sorry that I use the picture. That piece was the base for the real reveal necklace.

I did. Yes. But I wasn´t completely successful. Do you or someone else have 2 or 4 adult Glenn ross screws left over for me?

It´s the same than this one. Sorry that I use the picture. That piece was the base for the real reveal necklace.

I did. Yes. But I wasn´t completely successful. Do you or someone else have 2 or 4 adult Glenn ross screws left over for me?

I'm afraid I don't even have enough for mine yet:cry
I did all the Glenross hunting years ago and can't bring myself to start again!
I'm worried I'm gonna start bugging all the same people that I have already contacted before as I didn't keep a record of those I already phoned! :confused

I must get one of those neck braces.:love where did you get it?

I'm also looking for those metal braids down the forehead, who was it you said ask? :confused

I'm afraid I don't even have enough for mine yet:cry
I did all the Glenross hunting years ago and can't bring myself to start again!
I'm worried I'm gonna start bugging all the same people that I have already contacted before as I didn't keep a record of those I already phoned! :confused

I must get one of those neck braces.:love where did you get it?

I'm also looking for those metal braids down the forehead, who was it you said ask? :confused

It´s difficult to get some for a reasonable price these days!
I got my necklace from TK-4140

The foreheadbraids have been from a guy from the now extinct Darth Vader reveal forum. Before I replaced them to the correct ones, I really had some made from wire braids.

Another picture shows my Darth Vader reveal bust next to a reveal I bought on E-bay some years ago and my selfmade ESB .

Last edited:

As promised I like to share some images of the making of the bust. Here it is focused on the mask itself:

A friend of mine, Michael, who was involved in the progress, helped me finding and making many of those little parts, and let other machine. Thank you Michael for your parts.

Last edited:

Joe, you're a pioneer!
Excellent!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

well if you say so:$ But if someone´s here who tells me he was earlier into building Vader replicas than me he´s highly appreciated. I would like to know!!!
Thank you very much Jumpin Jax!

As I told people in this forum before: when I made my Star Wars stuff, I felt really alone in these days.

Last edited:

If I had the space to put together a Vader display, that's exactly how I'd hope it'd look. Top shelf.

That belongs in a museum.
Excellent work!!

Thank you darienvader.:love:cheers It was exhibited several times. And has two requests for the next year. I think I will also take it with me to Jedi Con 2010 again. There it won two exhibition competitions first price (when complete) second (when nearly finished). I won´t put it into the contest this time.

If I had the space to put together a Vader display, that's exactly how I'd hope it'd look. Top shelf.

:love Thank you Jakob. You guys are really awesome.:love:cheers
I was thinking a long time how I would display it. Since I always wanted a Vader head inside that gives a proud smile to his son, I think this is the way it needs not too much space. I often thought about making a complete lying Vader without mask, a Luke figure with the top part of the mask in his hand, and a part of the Imperial shuttle ramp. So the complete scene. But since I´m not a millionaire, I can only dream of something like this. Better to have some space to walk!!!

Here are some photos focused on my Anakin head sculpt itself.
As I sayed before: one of the most important things to me was the proud, but sad smile. I made it into a silicone head without eyebrows and glass eyes like in the 2004 ROTJ version and before that into resin head with eyebrows and painted eyes like in the unaltered movie version. I also made the different eye colours like in both movie versions:

Please tell me what you think about it.

Last edited:
Re: Darth Vader reveal - the first(?) completed custom made LS + headsculpt on page 2

It looks like there´s not much interest in my Anakin head sculpt. Yes I know, this man always wears his black durasteel mask :cool:lol
This head had been a huge bunch of work. More than a regular head. Since I had to sculpt him with the scares on the back from ESB, the make up face design from ROTJ, the neck from David Prowse and everything suitable to fit into the mask. Here are some images that show the silicone head and the resin head together:

And some of the closed bust itself.

Last edited:
Re: Darth Vader reveal - the first(?) completed custom made LS + headsculpt on page 2

Well we are lucky that you are sharing all of this with us. It is pretty amazing what you were involved with back then. Sorry if I missed it but what was your Vader helmet/armor based off of?

Well we are lucky that you are sharing all of this with us. It is pretty amazing what you were involved with back then. Sorry if I missed it but what was your Vader helmet/armor based off of?

Thank you SithLord. It´s a pleasure to me.
Got the mask itself from Tim. The actual dome is a TM.

Incredible!!!

Thank you jon :cheers:love

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back