ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pics

Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi

Very cool!

Can't wait to see pics of everything!!

Nick

Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi

I havent had time to read thru the thread yet. Just walked in the door. Ill try to get detailed pics on this thread and answer any questions that I can in the next few days.

Thanks

richie

Ok heres soem pics. I do have many more up close details and will postb all asap.

Please knowthat I have not studied this in any way so Im not too familiar with the names of the details. If anyone wants to snipe these and add any kind of commnets , manipulate them etc please do.

Richie

Top:
DSCF3187-1.jpg

Side:
DSCF3181-1.jpg

Side 2:
DSCF3183.jpg

Front:
DSCF3185.jpg

Back:
DSCF3182.jpg

Bottom:
DSCF3112.jpg

Misc:

DSCF3172.jpg

Note wood grain at front of dowel.
DSCF3170.jpg

DSCF3169.jpg

DSCF3168.jpg

DSCF3165.jpg

DSCF3114.jpg

DSCF3099.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3107.jpg

DSCF3101.jpg

DSCF3045.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing these, Richie. This is very cool. :)

KC

I have those as well. Ill post those asap.

Richie

You are now 'officially' my hero! :)

Cheers Richie, thanks for doing and sharing these.

Andy

Great pictures, Richie.

In picture 13, is there a way to get a more focused picture of that piece? It looks like there may be some kind of ID tag or something on the bottom of that piece and it's been driving us nuts as to what it may be.

And the long probe thing sticking out the front (the CRT shield), are there any numbers or manufacturer's mark on that, as well?

Thanks,
Fred

Great pictures, Richie.

In picture 13, is there a way to get a more focused picture of that piece? It looks like there may be some kind of ID tag or something on the bottom of that piece and it's been driving us nuts as to what it may be.

I have a couple more of tehse at home. Itw as taking forever to get these uploaded. I know I do have one that is much clearer. I will post asap.

And the long probe thing sticking out the front (the CRT shield), are there any numbers or manufacturer's mark on that, as well?

The long probe out the front. Youre refering to the rod that then tapers to a cone shape at the front? This is a wooden dowel. You can see the wood grain on the front. The cone appeared to be aluminum and there were no visible no.s that I could see. There was also black pinstripe tape running the length of it as well as around it in places.

The cannister at the front appears alss to be some sort of gauge or speedometer like housing. I will see about getting a good pic posted. It was tough getting the lighting right underneath it when photographing it.
Richie

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Richie :cool.

It does indeed look like the shoved a wood dowel down the CRT shield, most likely for support purposes. But if you say there are no numbers anywhere on the piece, we're no worse off than we were before :lol.

Looking forward to pics of the speedo canister :)

-Fred

I wanted to add that Mr. Bob Burns was so nice in letting us touch, feel, photograph this outstanding pieces of history.

He is the coolest guy.

S.

You had the gahones to pull the key out!? lol!

I would have turned it on had I known the batteries were still good!!!

BTW: The sounds were operated by a mirco swith under the handle in the middle. I have a pic Ill post.

Richie

That's a Vauxhall car ignition key.

Speedo seems to have lettering CH 1 thru 4?

Last edited:

This is cool... Not that we need proof, but I was going through some behind-the-scenes photos from Alien, and I found the first picture below. It shows two motion trackers sitting on a table on the set of the ship. The one with the egg tray facing us is clearly the one Burns had on display. There's a few scratches in the paint that match up perfectly... :cool

Also note, the other tracker has a hole in the end of the 'tracking tube'... I don't have a shot of the end of the other one, so I can't say if it was like that at the time of filming.

Also, a closer shot of the other side of the non-Burns tracker. You can see writing on the side of the 'tracking tube', and there's at least one piece of tubing missing from his which you can see here... The writing says:
ELECTRO MAG FIELD TRACE
And the detailing on the tube looks like pieces of black tape...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back