Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 19, 2009, 10:30 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #26

Thanks for sharing these, Richie. This is very cool.

KC
    From
    UK
    May 19, 2009, 10:31 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #27

I have those as well. Ill post those asap.

Richie
    You are now 'officially' my hero!

Cheers Richie, thanks for doing and sharing these.

Andy
    From
    Staten Island, New York
    May 19, 2009, 10:46 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #28

Great pictures, Richie.

In picture 13, is there a way to get a more focused picture of that piece? It looks like there may be some kind of ID tag or something on the bottom of that piece and it's been driving us nuts as to what it may be.

And the long probe thing sticking out the front (the CRT shield), are there any numbers or manufacturer's mark on that, as well?

Thanks,
    Fred
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 19, 2009, 11:07 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #29

[quote=Gigatron;877074]Great pictures, Richie.

In picture 13, is there a way to get a more focused picture of that piece? It looks like there may be some kind of ID tag or something on the bottom of that piece and it's been driving us nuts as to what it may be.

I have a couple more of tehse at home. Itw as taking forever to get these uploaded. I know I do have one that is much clearer. I will post asap.

And the long probe thing sticking out the front (the CRT shield), are there any numbers or manufacturer's mark on that, as well?

The long probe out the front. Youre refering to the rod that then tapers to a cone shape at the front? This is a wooden dowel. You can see the wood grain on the front. The cone appeared to be aluminum and there were no visible no.s that I could see. There was also black pinstripe tape running the length of it as well as around it in places.

The cannister at the front appears alss to be some sort of gauge or speedometer like housing. I will see about getting a good pic posted. It was tough getting the lighting right underneath it when photographing it.
    Richie
    From
    Staten Island, New York
    May 19, 2009, 8:02 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #30

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Richie .

It does indeed look like the shoved a wood dowel down the CRT shield, most likely for support purposes. But if you say there are no numbers anywhere on the piece, we're no worse off than we were before .

Looking forward to pics of the speedo canister

-Fred
    From
    Canada
    May 19, 2009, 8:07 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #31

These pics rock! Thanks Richie!

Kevin
    From
    Oklahoma
    May 19, 2009, 10:23 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #32

I wanted to add that Mr. Bob Burns was so nice in letting us touch, feel, photograph this outstanding pieces of history.

He is the coolest guy.

S.
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 20, 2009, 9:24 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #33

Double post.
    Last edited by RICHIES ARMOR; May 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM.
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 20, 2009, 9:25 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #34

A Couple more:

Key:

Richie
    May 20, 2009, 3:10 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #35

Excellent!

KC
    May 20, 2009, 3:29 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #36

You had the gahones to pull the key out!? lol!
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 20, 2009, 3:36 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #37

I would have turned it on had I known the batteries were still good!!!

BTW: The sounds were operated by a mirco swith under the handle in the middle. I have a pic Ill post.

Richie
    May 20, 2009, 3:47 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #38

LoL!

From
    Wirral, UK
    May 20, 2009, 4:46 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #39

That's a Vauxhall car ignition key.

Speedo seems to have lettering CH 1 thru 4?
    Last edited by Birdie; May 20, 2009 at 4:53 PM.
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    May 24, 2009, 1:55 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #40

This is cool... Not that we need proof, but I was going through some behind-the-scenes photos from Alien, and I found the first picture below. It shows two motion trackers sitting on a table on the set of the ship. The one with the egg tray facing us is clearly the one Burns had on display. There's a few scratches in the paint that match up perfectly...

Also note, the other tracker has a hole in the end of the 'tracking tube'... I don't have a shot of the end of the other one, so I can't say if it was like that at the time of filming.

Also, a closer shot of the other side of the non-Burns tracker. You can see writing on the side of the 'tracking tube', and there's at least one piece of tubing missing from his which you can see here... The writing says:
    ELECTRO MAG FIELD TRACE
    And the detailing on the tube looks like pieces of black tape...
    From
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    May 24, 2009, 6:30 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #41

With all the renewed interest in the original Alien, I have to rewatch it again.
    May 25, 2009, 10:59 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #42

So many firsthand ref-images after all these years...
    Just too cool what surfaces by time!
    From
    Italy / UK
    Jul 3, 2009, 4:28 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #43

clutch said: View Post

Do you have more pictures the Nostromo jacket in the back?
    Thanks a lot
    From
    Oklahoma
    Jan 11, 2010, 10:47 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #44

Little bits.

Okay I cast up a bunch of these. Now to get the rest of the parts.

From
    Oklahoma
    Jan 11, 2010, 10:49 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #45

If someone is working on a tracker or need some of these pm me.

Best
    Steve
  21. Keepin' it real since '00 RPF Premium Member Funky's Avatar
    Jan 11, 2010, 11:41 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #46

Can I just come by and pick some up?
    Jan 19, 2010, 6:21 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #47

Who the HELL cobbled that piece of crap together ? The Gaffers 4 year old son? They really didn't expect close scrutiny did they?
    Jan 19, 2010, 6:23 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #48

Mind you,Thinking about it Ash did ACTUALLY cobble it together in a few hours didn't he? Sorry mate......well done! ( for a synthetic).
  24. propologist is offline propologist
    Jan 20, 2010, 4:02 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #49

man i do like this , great pictures. Did we ever figure out which Ice-cube tray it is ?
  25. RPF Premium Member jasonw2112's Avatar
    From
    Ohio
    Jan 25, 2010, 11:21 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #50

Wow! I'm new to the board, and I'm very impressed! Nice pics!