Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 16, 2009, 2:49 PM - ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pics #1

I have access for 2 days to the original ALIEN motion tracker , the cat box and the Emergency helmet. Anyone need any specific pics??

I will sign back on Sat night or Sun AM. Please be specific.

Thanks

Richie
  2. T2SF is offline T2SF
    May 16, 2009, 8:00 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #2

Wasn't that cat cage from Bob Barkers collection? Can i request 360 degree angle views of all items
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    May 16, 2009, 8:06 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #3

T2SF said: View Post
    Wasn't that cat cage from Bob Barkers collection? Can i request 360 degree angle views of all items
    Um... Bob BURNS, actually.
  4. T2SF is offline T2SF
    May 16, 2009, 8:20 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #4

I get my Bobs confused, and remember to spay and neuter your pets at LV-426.
    From
    Wirral, UK
    May 16, 2009, 10:09 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #5

Can you Id any of the parts from the tracker other than the Ice Tray, vernier dial, slider switches, and gully cover?

Would really like to ID the parts I've ringed. Are those parts metal or plastic?

We theorised in the past that the front 'probe' was a metal CRT cover, and the part on struts some kind of cycle milo, or similar. Any thoughts?

Would love to see decent pics all round of this prop, particularly the front panel details and those parts I've ringed. Any help much appreciated
    From
    Wirral, UK
    May 16, 2009, 10:13 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #6

Some good shots of the disks next to the ice tray would be very welcome too
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 17, 2009, 8:52 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #7

Ive taken many pics. ll focus on those details today. I do beleive all the top details youve circled are white plastic but Ill try to confirm today.

Richie
    From
    UK
    May 17, 2009, 1:11 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #8

Wow, you lucky devil Richie!

All six sides of Jonesy's cat box would be most appreciated.

If it's not too loate.

Cheers,

Andy
    May 17, 2009, 1:45 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #9

Emergency helmet please!
  10. Member Since
    Dec 2001
    From
    United Kingdom
    May 17, 2009, 5:57 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #10

Everything please!

Harry
  11. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    May 17, 2009, 7:00 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #11

If you don't spend at least 12 hours shooting pics of every conceivable angle, then you aren't worth your salt.
    May 17, 2009, 8:11 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #12

I need you to shoot the motion tracker in the hands of a naked, slender, and shaved, female model. i'll need coverage of every conceivable angle -- even angles that include the motion tracker. Thanks.

Alan
    May 17, 2009, 10:19 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #13

That thing sure looks like a piece of crap in person. lol!

Oh, and very cool!
    From
    Canada
    May 18, 2009, 10:54 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #14

What is the original colour of the Tracker? Some pics it looks like it could be light gray or even silver- others it looks brown or OD.

Kevin
    May 18, 2009, 11:47 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #15

From
    Staten Island, New York
    May 18, 2009, 1:29 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #16

Birdie said: View Post
    Some good shots of the disks next to the ice tray would be very welcome too

a few shots of the flange piece under the drain cover, the CRT cover/ "probe" and any macro shots of the tach/speedo thing on top as well as those parts that Simon circled. Anything that might reveal a part number/manufacturer/country of origin. Sometimes you get lucky like that. I discoverd a manufacturer AND part number on the emitter part of the funky jawa blaster just by taking a close-up picture of the piece.

Hey Simon, any progress? 2 years of looking for an ice cube tray and STILL nothing .

EDIT: In the pic that Clutch posted, if you look at the side of the CRT cover (right side of tube as we're looking at it, about 2:00 position), there seems to be a uniform discoloration that looks like it might be a manufacturer's mark or part number. See if you can verify anything that might be there.

-Fred
    Last edited by Gigatron; May 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM.
    From
    London, UK
    May 18, 2009, 2:26 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #17

Boy that Jonesy cat transporter sure looks like a Sewing machine case
    my mother had! (in the 70's)
  18. RPF Premium Member phase pistol's Avatar
    From
    New York
    May 18, 2009, 3:08 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #18

Now that's an impressive ALIEN display.
    From
    Wirral, UK
    May 18, 2009, 4:01 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #19

Hey Simon, any progress? 2 years of looking for an ice cube tray and STILL nothing
    No, but I probably have the largest collection of vintage ice cube trays in the north of England.

I use them to mix paint in
    From
    Staten Island, New York
    May 18, 2009, 4:09 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #20

Birdie said: View Post
    No, but I probably have the largest collection of vintage ice cube trays in the north of England.

I use them to mix paint in

Now that's funny

My tracker keeps taunting me. It's on the display shelf, next to the MR tracker, with all the loose parts sitting next to it .

-Fred
  21. RPF Premium Member nick daring's Avatar
    From
    Austin TX
    May 18, 2009, 6:05 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #21

Very cool!

Can't wait to see pics of everything!!

Nick
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 18, 2009, 8:40 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #22

I havent had time to read thru the thread yet. Just walked in the door. Ill try to get detailed pics on this thread and answer any questions that I can in the next few days.

Thanks

richie
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 18, 2009, 9:59 PM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #23

Ok heres soem pics. I do have many more up close details and will postb all asap.

Please knowthat I have not studied this in any way so Im not too familiar with the names of the details. If anyone wants to snipe these and add any kind of commnets , manipulate them etc please do.

Richie

Top:

Side:

Side 2:

Front:

Back:

Bottom:

Misc:

Note wood grain at front of dowel.

Last edited by RICHIES ARMOR; May 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
    From
    UK
    May 19, 2009, 8:54 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #24

No Catbox piccies!
    From
    Oklahomaaaaaa!!!!!
    May 19, 2009, 9:38 AM - Re: ALIEN:I have original in motion tracker/Emergency helmet in hand!! Anyone need pi #25

I have those as well. Ill post those asap.

Richie