Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment

Some friendly advice to them to build customer trust...

FINISH what MR has started and attempted to deliver.

Proof is in the pudding.

Quality product shipping on time.

Interesting.

Corgi certainly didn't help MR any that's for sure. But they also lost a lot of steam when they lost the Star Wars license. There is a lot of potential lately for prop licenses, the question is do they have a vision.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of IP they might have gotten in the purchase?

MR lost steam when they destroyed their reputation for quality products and then did not ge the product out as announced. They became inconsistent and you never knew when or what you were going to receive.

Oh, I did predict this and events leading up to this would happen on the original Corgi MR merger thread.

As for the latest merger, I would wait and see what happens before ever trying to judge them. Give them a chance as I think there is definitely room for improvement. I look forward t the fact they are willing to give it a go, so looking forward to those potential good works. Wishing them the best on this new endeavor.

Here is a reply from an email I sent them earlier:

Thank you for your email to my colleague Darren regarding Master Replicas and our recent acquisition.

Thank you also for your kind words about Master Replicas and its products. Our sincerest hope is that we can earn back the respect the brand so richly deserves as soon as possible.

Our first hurdle is securing licenses and we are currently in discussions with a number of high profile brand owners, I am sure you will understand that this is a sensitive process and I don't want to give anything away before its fact, but I will say we are keen to work with brands that we have a passion and enthusiasm for and Star Trek features highly on our wish list!

If we do manage to obtain a Star Trek license the first thing we would want to do would be to deliver on Master Replicas past promises and the Mark IX Tricorder is a mess that needs fixing.

Once I have some firm news I will let you know

Regards

Barry

Factory Entertainment

Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive response! It’s great to see that people are as excited as we are. We’re working hard to fulfill and continue that feeling.

Here’s the story behind the mug, there really isn’t one! We really admire the RPF and just like all of the members here, we’re avid readers and enjoy the comments, stories and debates. There’s a shared passion among all of us and we thought it’d be cool to give a nod to where true enthusiasts hang out. Oh, and as mentioned on our Twitter page, it’s blue milk, it’s our favored office pick-me-up between shots of Sterno.

I do have to say though; I think our “Easter eggs” may have been a little too easy to figure out! Looks like we’re going to have to dig a little deeper next time! Barry and I had a fun time trying to figure out where to put what and it’s something that we’re going to continue on a regular basis, so check in on the site for updates if you enjoy the hunt. What do they all mean? Only time will tell! Let us know if you have any questions or comments. We’ll address them here or by e-mail and phone.

Tom and Barry

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there you have it.

Straight from the horse's mouth!

They have a long haul ahead of them and I hope they can get back to where they started.

As with all things, time will tell......

I for one like the RPF nod, and appreciate the new company keeping an open dialogue with us.
But please tell me, is there ANY chance at all of the Fozzie Bear Muppet coming out this year or is that line dead now?

But please tell me, is there ANY chance at all of the Fozzie Bear Muppet coming out this year or is that line dead now?

From what I am hearing the poser line is dead.

Supposedly someone else has a license now and I pray Fozzie will be the first out the door.

C0mmand3rC0dy, I think the e-mail you got form Barry was sincere. He is a really nice guy and has always been very upfront with me when I call with questions, comments, and (lately) concerns. We all saw this coming. At present they DO NOT have the Trek license, although my understanding is that they have started talks with CBS. As for making good on what they started, I would imagine based on the presale numbers that they do desperately want to produce this product. Only time will tell, may be wishful thinking, and as I posted on my other thread there will most likely be changes to the product.

I am among the group that wants to keep an open mind and the communications from them in a few days has been more responsive than a years worth of the pre-existing company. I am very optimistic.

Some of you pups are a little quick to beat on the new owners.

Fortune favors the bold.

I say, good luck guys! :thumbsup

Here is the operative sentance....

"but I will say we are keen to work with brands that we have a passion and enthusiasm for and Star Trek features highly on our wish list!"

So they don't have the Star Trek license currently. So no Tricorders.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back