Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Factory Entertainment Announces Acquisition of “Master Replicas®” and Foresees a Bright Future for the Brand

LONDON—(BUSINESS WIRE) - Master Replicas, the iconic collectibles brand long associated with top quality prop replicas, is now under new control and management. Factory Entertainment has completed a deal to take over control of the Master Replicas Brand and IP from previous owner Hong Kong based Corgi International Ltd. (CIL). In addition to the brand and IP, Factory Entertainment will also control certain designs and tools used for products previously produced by Corgi under the Master Replicas brand name. Factory Entertainment, a new collectibles entity formed by industry veteran Darren Epstein, founder of Cards Inc. and a previous employee of Corgi, will focus its efforts on growing the Master Replicas brand with authentic, relevant prop collectibles with strong secondary market appeal.

Darren Epstein commented "The brand continues to resonate as the market leader in its field and we believe that a new team of people can reboot the brand with a fresh approach and new licenses as a part of the Factory Entertainment family. We intend to announce new licenses for the Master Replicas brand as well as certain others that the company will release under the Factory Entertainment brand name. Our goal will be to synergize the two brands to bring collectible product to market with a broad appeal across a broad price range." Factory Entertainment is a toy and collectibles company with headquarters in London and offices in California. The company designs, develops and markets licensed products under the “Factory Entertainment” and “Master Replicas” brand names.

For More Information, Contact:

Darren Epstein
Darren@factoryent.com

Barry Eldridge
Barry@factoryent.com
(925) 588-8843 PST Time Zone

http://www.masterreplicas.com/pressrelease.html

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. The license may not necessarily transfer over. My guess is it's just another step in a drawn out death for MR. I'm guessing they picked it up on the cheap and Corgi was happy to be rid of it. The fact they used the word "synergize" makes me think they're corporate idiots that probably don't have a clue what to do with the property. On the bright side, I guess they can't screw it up more than Corgi did.

A new breath and new start or just a life boat to avoid the inevitable? I guess time will tell...

I hope they are able to turn it around and actually get prop replicas out the door returning it to the glory they started with, rather then the long list of let downs over the years that has dragged them to the bottom...

The mug is a nice nod...

interesting stuff...........hopefully we'll see some cool new product whatever the licenses end up being. Wouldn't hold my breath on this one however. MR seems to have that black cloud hovering over them much of the time. No wonder Amy, Barry and the gang departed for greener pastures. :)

Dave

Possible easter eggs/hints:

007 - The CD is labeled Universal Exports.
Star Wars or Star Trek - Century Theaters ticket stubs say "Star ___"

Also they way "The Sun Also Rises", "Peter Pan & Wendy" and "The Hero with A Thousand Faces" is digitally added to the books is highly suspect.

Possible easter eggs/hints:

007 - The CD is labeled Universal Exports.
Star Wars or Star Trek - Century Theaters ticket stubs say "Star ___"

Also they way "The Sun Also Rises", "Peter Pan & Wendy" and "The Hero with A Thousand Faces" is digitally added to the books is highly suspect.

Yeah I think you are on to it there...

The RX posty on the notepad reads Smith's Grove Hospital, Smith's Grove Sanitarium = Halloween franchise...

Yeah I think you are on to it there...

The RX posty on the notepad reads Smith's Grove Hospital, Smith's Grove Sanitarium = Halloween franchise...

"Guys, the entire internet does not hate you, it just seems that way. Keep taking your meds and call me if things don't improve"

And signed by Dr. L(oomis)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back