Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment

Interesting news. My one piece of advice: Build in the good old USA! Forget China, forget anywhere in Asia. It's not worth the trouble anymore. I've been there - I know. Oh - and get that "Star Trek" license sealed up!

Interesting news. My one piece of advice: Build in the good old USA! Forget China, forget anywhere in Asia. It's not worth the trouble anymore. I've been there - I know. Oh - and get that "Star Trek" license sealed up!

+1

There *are* places to do this work domestically, and affordably. It would be a nice marketing tool as well.

Interesting news. My one piece of advice: Build in the good old USA! Forget China, forget anywhere in Asia. It's not worth the trouble anymore.

I've been saying this forever. You're right on Steve. :thumbsup
It's just that you have to have the right connections with the right production companies.

Still would love to see the Ghostbusters stuff done. But it sounds like the cost is so high that at best a kit would be the ideal thing. Unfortunately, you say "kit" to a studio and they think of high number mass produced models kits that mean an incredibly high licensing fee that no one can afford. Seems no prop company can get them past that mentality.

The Star Trek license seems to be wrapped up by QMX at this point, at least with the latest reboot franchise. I think anything ST will hing on how exclusive their contract is. Disney is quite viable. Hope the next batch of nautilusses come out still. I would love to see someone pick up on MiB again. One look at how much the MR MiB stuff is going on eBay now should be a good indicator there is interest in that franchise. Although I know it really comes down to what the current staff likes and can pour their hearts work into.

What I don't understand is why they don't have the Star Trek License already. When Corgi bought MR, didn't they get all of the pre-existing License's that MR had at the time.

Two things:

The mug needs a link. :)

You should offer the mugs! But I guess if you did you would have to request a license from the owners of the RPF :lol

The Star Trek license seems to be wrapped up by QMX at this point, at least with the latest reboot franchise.

Doesn't QMx only have the license for studio scale/smaller scale replicas of the ships? If they have the license for props, I URGE them to let us know if they're working on a phaser/other props for us...

Personally, we have all the talents here in the RPF, why could they (MR) not just do some group project audition where the best talent gets roped in to do the most accurate parts/prop ever. Not would this stays in the good ol' US of A, but every RPF member would be damn proud of every prop that comes out.

OK, I might get shot for that.

The Trek prop/replica license is not owned by anyone at this point. Qmx has a small portion of it, but not all of it.

I believe the GB license is actually owned by someone else all together now.

The Trek prop/replica license is not owned by anyone at this point. Qmx has a small portion of it, but not all of it.

I believe the GB license is actually owned by someone else all together now.

Interesting... where did you hear that from? I thought MR still had the license for Trek props. Did they just lose it?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back