Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 13, 2009, 2:25 PM - Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #1

Factory Entertainment Announces Acquisition of “Master Replicas®” and Foresees a Bright Future for the Brand

LONDON—(BUSINESS WIRE) - Master Replicas, the iconic collectibles brand long associated with top quality prop replicas, is now under new control and management. Factory Entertainment has completed a deal to take over control of the Master Replicas Brand and IP from previous owner Hong Kong based Corgi International Ltd. (CIL). In addition to the brand and IP, Factory Entertainment will also control certain designs and tools used for products previously produced by Corgi under the Master Replicas brand name. Factory Entertainment, a new collectibles entity formed by industry veteran Darren Epstein, founder of Cards Inc. and a previous employee of Corgi, will focus its efforts on growing the Master Replicas brand with authentic, relevant prop collectibles with strong secondary market appeal.

Darren Epstein commented "The brand continues to resonate as the market leader in its field and we believe that a new team of people can reboot the brand with a fresh approach and new licenses as a part of the Factory Entertainment family. We intend to announce new licenses for the Master Replicas brand as well as certain others that the company will release under the Factory Entertainment brand name. Our goal will be to synergize the two brands to bring collectible product to market with a broad appeal across a broad price range." Factory Entertainment is a toy and collectibles company with headquarters in London and offices in California. The company designs, develops and markets licensed products under the “Factory Entertainment” and “Master Replicas” brand names.

For More Information, Contact:

Darren Epstein
    Darren@factoryent.com

Barry Eldridge
    Barry@factoryent.com
    (925) 588-8843 PST Time Zone

http://www.masterreplicas.com/pressrelease.html
    May 13, 2009, 2:27 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #2

...and if you go to www.masterreplicas.com you will see a very interesting mug!
    From
    Southern England.
    May 13, 2009, 2:30 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #3

Very interesting! Based in London...
    Now who's going to produce those mugs?
  4. RPF Premium Member C0mmand3rC0dy's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth, TX
    May 13, 2009, 2:38 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #4

Ahha, that's why their forums were closed.

Maybe we've got hope for Tricorders after all!
    May 13, 2009, 2:46 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #5

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. The license may not necessarily transfer over. My guess is it's just another step in a drawn out death for MR. I'm guessing they picked it up on the cheap and Corgi was happy to be rid of it. The fact they used the word "synergize" makes me think they're corporate idiots that probably don't have a clue what to do with the property. On the bright side, I guess they can't screw it up more than Corgi did.
  6. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    May 13, 2009, 2:48 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #6

well

the saga continues.

Less drama please, more product.
  7. RPF Premium Member
    May 13, 2009, 2:50 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #7

Damn straight they better love this place. Lord knows I dumped enough money for their stuff.

Pete
    From
    Fishkill, NY
    May 13, 2009, 2:51 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #8

dont get your hopes up... I bet instead of quality movie replicas, we'll get "Yo Gabba Gabba" action figures
    May 13, 2009, 2:51 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #9

Very very good news!!! And the mug is sweet!
    May 13, 2009, 2:57 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #10

A new breath and new start or just a life boat to avoid the inevitable? I guess time will tell...

I hope they are able to turn it around and actually get prop replicas out the door returning it to the glory they started with, rather then the long list of let downs over the years that has dragged them to the bottom...

The mug is a nice nod...
  11. RPF Premium Member vaderdarth's Avatar
    From
    South Carolina
    May 13, 2009, 3:01 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #11

interesting stuff...........hopefully we'll see some cool new product whatever the licenses end up being. Wouldn't hold my breath on this one however. MR seems to have that black cloud hovering over them much of the time. No wonder Amy, Barry and the gang departed for greener pastures.

Dave
  12. RPF Premium Member C0mmand3rC0dy's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth, TX
    May 13, 2009, 3:02 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #12

I'm still gonna have hope for the future!
    From
    The Great Midwest
    May 13, 2009, 3:05 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #13

The mug is a nice nod...
    Filled with blue Kool-Aid ("drinking the RPF Kool-Aid")

or blue Star Wars milk?
    May 13, 2009, 3:15 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #14

Javamonkey said: View Post

or blue Star Wars milk?
    I had the same thought, it's really an 'odd' color isn't it?
    May 13, 2009, 3:21 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #15

Javamonkey said: View Post

or blue Star Wars milk?
    I immediately thought blue Star Wars milk.
    From
    Westmont
    May 13, 2009, 3:28 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #16

Hope for the best, expect the worst. It would be great if they could turn MR around.
    May 13, 2009, 5:08 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #17

Possible easter eggs/hints:

007 - The CD is labeled Universal Exports.
    Star Wars or Star Trek - Century Theaters ticket stubs say "Star ___"

Also they way "The Sun Also Rises", "Peter Pan & Wendy" and "The Hero with A Thousand Faces" is digitally added to the books is highly suspect.
    May 13, 2009, 5:16 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #18

dachande said: View Post
    Possible easter eggs/hints:

007 - The CD is labeled Universal Exports.
    Star Wars or Star Trek - Century Theaters ticket stubs say "Star ___"

Also they way "The Sun Also Rises", "Peter Pan & Wendy" and "The Hero with A Thousand Faces" is digitally added to the books is highly suspect.
    Yeah I think you are on to it there...

The RX posty on the notepad reads Smith's Grove Hospital, Smith's Grove Sanitarium = Halloween franchise...
    From
    The Great Midwest
    May 13, 2009, 5:22 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #19

exoray said: View Post
    I had the same thought, it's really an 'odd' color isn't it?
    Definitely not what you'd expect in a coffee mug. I hope they are dropping clues like it seems.

That stuff is fun. MR needs to be fun again.
    From
    The Great Midwest
    May 13, 2009, 5:25 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #20

exoray said: View Post
    Yeah I think you are on to it there...

The RX posty on the notepad reads Smith's Grove Hospital, Smith's Grove Sanitarium = Halloween franchise...
    "Guys, the entire internet does not hate you, it just seems that way. Keep taking your meds and call me if things don't improve"

And signed by Dr. L(oomis)
    Last edited by Java; May 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM.
  21. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    May 13, 2009, 5:44 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #21

Some friendly advice to them to build customer trust...

FINISH what MR has started and attempted to deliver.

Proof is in the pudding.

Quality product shipping on time.
  22. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    From
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    May 13, 2009, 8:32 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #22

Interesting.

Corgi certainly didn't help MR any that's for sure. But they also lost a lot of steam when they lost the Star Wars license. There is a lot of potential lately for prop licenses, the question is do they have a vision.

Does anyone have any idea what kind of IP they might have gotten in the purchase?
    From
    Sylvania OH
    May 13, 2009, 9:34 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #23

MR lost steam when they destroyed their reputation for quality products and then did not ge the product out as announced. They became inconsistent and you never knew when or what you were going to receive.

Oh, I did predict this and events leading up to this would happen on the original Corgi MR merger thread.

As for the latest merger, I would wait and see what happens before ever trying to judge them. Give them a chance as I think there is definitely room for improvement. I look forward t the fact they are willing to give it a go, so looking forward to those potential good works. Wishing them the best on this new endeavor.
    May 13, 2009, 11:51 PM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #24

That mug is a cool nod! They better get their act together.
  25. RPF Premium Member C0mmand3rC0dy's Avatar
    From
    Fort Worth, TX
    May 14, 2009, 11:48 AM - Re: Master Replicas PURCHASED by Factory Entertainment #25

Here is a reply from an email I sent them earlier:

Thank you for your email to my colleague Darren regarding Master Replicas and our recent acquisition.

Thank you also for your kind words about Master Replicas and its products. Our sincerest hope is that we can earn back the respect the brand so richly deserves as soon as possible.

Our first hurdle is securing licenses and we are currently in discussions with a number of high profile brand owners, I am sure you will understand that this is a sensitive process and I don't want to give anything away before its fact, but I will say we are keen to work with brands that we have a passion and enthusiasm for and Star Trek features highly on our wish list!

If we do manage to obtain a Star Trek license the first thing we would want to do would be to deliver on Master Replicas past promises and the Mark IX Tricorder is a mess that needs fixing.

Once I have some firm news I will let you know

Regards

Barry

Factory Entertainment