Fossil Hand From Creature From The Black Lagoon!

madrobot

Sr Member
Here's a piece I made. Let me know what you think.

wipedhand1.jpg

wipedhand.jpg

wipedhand3.jpg

wipedhand2.jpg

wipedhanddetail.jpg

I know the original prop was a little different, but after having seen the movie, and looking at the stills, I wanted something a little more fossily.

Not only did I make the hand, but made a crate, and made a fake newspaper to go with it. I thought I'd post this to see what people thought.

What a trip! I JUST finished my display for the GreyZon hand I did. I have had the hand finished for a few years but just got a display case made for it. Great job on yours, btw! I'm really liking it!!

-B89! :D

Nice, but there wouldn't be any webbing, that's skin which would have gone bye-bye a long time ago. How about a "stuffed" hand which would have the webbing in tact?
Not taking away from the genius of the project, it's inspired!

Nice, but there wouldn't be any webbing, that's skin which would have gone bye-bye a long time ago. How about a "stuffed" hand which would have the webbing in tact?
Not taking away from the genius of the project, it's inspired!

Agreed. The original prop had the webbing which I always thought was pretty cool. I collect fossils when I find cool ones and making this was a lot of fun. It's NOT a casting, it's the original.

Actually, this is the original sculpt, and NOT a casting of someone else's work.

And an AWESOME original sculpt! One of the biggest drawbacks to the GreyZon sculpt is that it's too small. You're looks to be a closer scale to the original.

Might fine work, bro!
-B89! :D

Very Cool! :love

Deffinatly looks better in the brown fossilized colors opposed to the grey of the original, looks damn good.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back