Licensed Pulse Rifle pre-order

She's right -- there never was a working counter on any of the actual props in the movie. All it did was light up (and maybe not even that). The "counter" we all see was a filmed insert, all edited together with movie magic.

True geeks will note that whenever we see the hero PR with the counter visible on it in the film, it always reads "42," seeming to indicate that this hero had a static counter.

This hero PR has been presumed to be in Cameron's private collection. All of the other hero PRs DO NOT have counters, some of them even lacking the little window where the counter would be.

The HCG prop seems to be more accurate to the actual prop versus the "hero" models that we have which are really idealized versions of a screen-used prop that is not nearly as functional or clean as the excellent replicas.

What about working triggers!!???

Matt (Matsuo) confirmed on the Alien Legacy that the triggers will move & the shroud is a two-piece that is not part of the receiver, that is just on the protype. So that should make a few people happy :)

She's right -- there never was a working counter on any of the actual props in the movie. All it did was light up (and maybe not even that). The "counter" we all see was a filmed insert, all edited together with movie magic.

Then I need to watch the movie again.. I could have sworn when Ripley was shooting the eggs in front of the Queen, there was a shot of the counter going down

Then I need to watch the movie again.. I could have sworn when Ripley was shooting the eggs in front of the Queen, there was a shot of the counter going down
The rifle that Ripley uses in that scene does not have a counter that even lights up. The shots of the counter going down are inserted close ups. Here are a few screen grabs from that scene.

4645-pr2.jpg

4646-pr1.jpg

4644-pr3.jpg

4643-pr4.jpg

Last edited:
Phew....They are getting them into Australia...In Victoria in Melbourne. So..I cancelled my pre-order and put my depsoit down for a local buy. YAY!!!!!!!

Regards
Christian

Well that's good news to hear Christian- given that Australia has some of the strictest replica firearm laws!

I'm still hoping to see one up here in Canada- however the downside is that it will probably be megabucks. :cry

Well that's good news to hear Christian- given that Australia has some of the strictest replica firearm laws!

Very good news! However, I think Malaysia has the strictest. I wonder how our RPF friends there will fare. Saberfreak, Kal, etc, any of you guys hear anything/planning on buying one?

Well that's good news to hear Christian- given that Australia has some of the strictest replica firearm laws! :cry

I'm getting mine sent to Perth Western Australia I'll be moving back there soon. Here in New South Wales ( Eastern side of Australia ) You can't even import a toiled roll tube other wise & I quote ( when I asked the police about the Hellboy Samaritan) " If I saw you with that I'd fill you full of holes!" ... Oh, OOOOK...

I'm getting mine sent to Perth Western Australia I'll be moving back there soon. Here in New South Wales ( Eastern side of Australia ) You can't even import a toiled roll tube other wise & I quote ( when I asked the police about the Hellboy Samaritan) " If I saw you with that I'd fill you full of holes!" ... Oh, OOOOK...

Good grief!! :eek
I've learned from experience that they like to seize and destroy the 'models' sent to the Melbourne area. Not really sayin' how I know this. I just do. :D

It's sad. Truly sad.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back