AW Studios 1/350 Refit Dreadnought Conversion Kit- Set back

vaderman1701

Sr Member
Well, we had some set backs last night. We did some test pulls on these parts and I am just not happy with them. The main problem is these are some tight areas that the plastic can not draw into very well, so the details leave alot to be desired. The nacelles also looked like crap in my opinion. So it may be back to the drawing board.

I will definitely need to make the neck out of resin, but will make sure that you can still light it. The nacelles are going to be the biggest challeng. You may ask why do I need to have 3 nacelles? Well when researching the schematics I discovered that the mounting point for the pylon to the nacelle was actually further forward than on the Enterprise, so I moved it forward. I could leave it to the modeler to do, but that could intimidate them. What do you guys think? If I eliminated the two lower nacelles, they can still use the kits nacelles and people can decide if they want to modify it to the schematics or not. That way, I only need to provide the third nacelle with the rest of the parts.

Scott

Didn't we toss the idea around about having the outer nacelle shell done realllly thin (like .30) with an interior frame vacformed too?

It was soo long ago . .I can't remember.

Yes we did, But with the test pulls, it would not matter if it were thinner plastic, the plastic can not draw into the tiny crevices. It was very discouraging.

It's the front of those dang nacelles . .isn't it . . .:angry

Looks like you'll have to do the small resin replacement part **shrugs**

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back