2009 Movie Phaser - MODIFICATIONS complete...

propmaster2000

Sr Member
2009 ST:Movie Phaser - MOD's complete - UPDATED 2017

Hey, I wanted to see what kind of improvements I can do with the phaser by possibly making the ''rotating nozzle'' motorized.
If I can't put a motor in the nozzle, then I will have to consider removing the sound board and speaker (since props don't make sound), and will use the extra room for added electronics for the motor drive circuit and remaining LED's. I will make the trim pot on top of the phaser, the activator for the ''nozzle rotation'', stun or kill.
I will also do what I can to remove the 10 screws and fill in the holes and clean the seams and molded labeling. I will have to be careful of the chrome handle area and repaint the upper portion.

I have a load of projects on the table as is, but I will see what I can do with this. propmaster2000 .

Last edited:
Re: 2009 Movie Phaser - MODIFICATION begins...

I'm doing something similar, but far less intense; just a seam/screw fill and repaint. I don't feel brave enough to mess with the moving part.

The one thing I can't figure a fix for is the battery compartment. I guess I could just bondo over it and call it a day. :lol

Any way to replace the crap sound effect with something that sounds like a phaser? :rolleyes

Started to work on the rotating nozzle. Found a small enough motor that might do the trick.

(image link not active)

Last edited:

Honestly, I'll probably just shoot it with silver, weather it, then clear coat it.

It will be tough to keep anything chromed. I think I may try and use the Alclad2 paint....never tried it, but it seems to have potential. There may be those here that have used it with some success :)

Last edited:

You might need to replace the plasma injectors before the EPS manifold ruptures.

Just a suggestion... :lol ;)

I'm curious how much of the red and blue parts should be painted metallic. They certainly didn't seem to have as large an area of color in the movie.

I'm going to have to paint the red tip with something to looks like anodized metal and put a high bright red led right at the tip to look like a laser emmitter. The blue tip will also be painted a metallic silver and a high bright blue led put at the tip as well.
Getting a circuit made for the rotating tip will be my next challenge.....

It just goes one way. ;)

The silver/chrome goes all the way up to where the "ribs" start on the barrel. You know...for her pleasure. :lol

The barrel on the toy has a mechanical stop, which I'm going to need, so it will stop square with the body when it flips back and forth.

That's a huge improvement right there! :love

Looks awesome so far, propmaster!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back