Steampunk droid

TK-326

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The past couple of months I've made progress with my second droid. He's going to be done in the steampunk/Victorian/Jules Verne-style.

So far I have copper panels for the skins, some brass details on the head and skins, and I've reconfigured the drink tray.

He will be a part of a Steampunk Ghostbusters team for Dragon*Con 2009.

More posts in my build blog: http://www.chrislee.tv/robotics/labels/steampunk.html

IMG_0153-759217.JPG

IMG_0149-755419.JPG

DSCN0250-768424.JPG

He just begs to have a steam whistle on him.... Please...

That can be how he "talks" diffrent whistle sounds.

He just begs to have a steam whistle on him.... Please...

That can be how he "talks" diffrent whistle sounds.

Or a whole series of pipes of different sizes, like you'd see on a pipe organ, or Pans' flute. Then it could do a whole range of sounds.:thumbsup

I always wanted to do one like this, only use the wooden tube for the body. Have nice oak veneer on it all stained and sealed. I am glad someone is doing one like this. You throw on some of 3po's brass details also...
Nice work Chris.

Or a whole series of pipes of different sizes, like you'd see on a pipe organ, or Pans' flute. Then it could do a whole range of sounds.:thumbsup

Another cool thing about that is that it wouldn't just be another sound chip or some recording. If one could pull that off that is.

SO cool! I can't wait to see this finished! My only advice is don't go overboard with the victorian hardware (i.e., the door knob plate on the right side of the body..

Jay

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back