Cracking Open the MR Falcon to fix front LED. SEE POST #16 AND #17... IT'S THE BASE.

Re: Cracking Open the MR Falcon to fix front LED. SEE POST #16 AND #17... IT'S THE B

Really glad to see people getting there lights working.

Mine work but once in a while I have to turn on the switch twice to get the lights to go on.

So How long do you guys leave your lights on at a time??????????

(y)thumbsupAgain, great news

Re: Cracking Open the MR Falcon to fix front LED. SEE POST #16 AND #17... IT'S THE B

If you have a switch problem I would suggest to leave the switch permanently in the ON position and have the thing plugged into a wireless remote control outlet switch. I have this setup for my MR Enterprise because I keep it under an acrylic cover. I turn the lights on and off via the keychain-type remote control and I never touch the switch.

And frankly, I do not leave the lights on for more than a minute or so max. Just long enough to get a quick fix. But the Enterprise has the spinning motors in the nacelle domes, as well, and I don't feel like I should leave those on too long. That's my instinct.

Last edited:

jvasilatos-

(y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup

I am so happy to see your Falcon back to normal. You sincerely earned it! I know that must've really bugged you, but it looks great now. Are you happy with the job the acrylic place did with the mirror? It looks great in the pic.

Man, that is a happy ending.:cheers

Yeah the new acrylic mirror top is the same as the old one, and not sealed so if I ever need to fix something it will never be a problem again. I found a supplier here in town that custom cut it to the base for $90 and it's pretty much good as new.

Just thankful the electronics problem isn't inside the Falcon!

JV

Just picked one up yesterday and she's got the same exact issue with the port side light... If anyone has a extra resistor I would appreciate it as I would like to make her perfect. And yes I know it's a old thread but I thought someone who posted before might help. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420756346.349956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked one up yesterday and she's got the same exact issue with the port side light... If anyone has a extra resistor I would appreciate it as I would like to make her perfect. And yes I know it's a old thread but I thought someone who posted before might help. View attachment 423617

you...picked one up yesterday?

how is that even possible?

Strong in the force I am

I actually found it from a local seller and truest I paid premium for her so that's why I want the light fixed

I actually found it from a local seller and truest I paid premium for her so that's why I want the light fixed

Cool. There was one in a comic shop near me forever. $1600. It only sold about a year ago.

I have major regret

Wow $1600 what a steal how did you pass that up

Wow $1600 what a steal how did you pass that up

I didn't realize what it was. I had no idea that it was a studio scale model.

I wasn't really part of this "community" so I assumed that it was just another overpriced resin sculpture (the store is full of those). I also couldn't get past the awful paint job. (If I bought one today I would probably hire someone here to repaint it for me)

I didn't realize what it was. I had no idea that it was a studio scale model.

I wasn't really part of this "community" so I assumed that it was just another overpriced resin sculpture (the store is full of those). I also couldn't get past the awful paint job. (If I bought one today I would probably hire someone here to repaint it for me)

WOW!!! retail was $2500 when they first came out so that was way below actual cost, you could have made an easy $3000 profit at the price they are going these days.

Gerardo

in case anyone is interested... I think the issue with these LEDs is the socket that the base plugs into. not sure how it got messed up, but I was able to get the drivers side headlight to come back on briefly while moving the model on the post with the power on. The reason I don't think its "in" the base is that there is almost nothing in the base that could mess it up... its just a couple of wires and a switch, the Socket inside the model is kind of a stereo receiver jack and I think in the process of putting it onto the base (or taking it off) something got slightly bent inside so that it no longer makes contact when/where it should. The darn thing is too heavy for me to be taking on and off willy nilly to experiment on this theory but it is my strong suspicion. I think the next time my brother comes over I might engage him to help me remove it from the post and see if I can see inside the socket for something just a little bent from where it should be. If I have success I'll pass on what I find.

Remember MR telling us to use that little spring... I wonder if that springs function was as a spacer so that the jack did not penetrate too far into the model (bending something). I know I forgot to put the spring on the post once... perhaps that was when it was damaged... anyway its a working theory.

Jedi Dade

I had my Falcon for years off the original base, now after 5 years I decided to use the original base again and no light works, not sure if it oxidation in the jack or input of the falcon but the problem is definetely in the base, jack or falcon input, all lights worked perfectly last time it was sitting on the original base and I barely switched it on. Next time I take the falcon off I will spray some contact cleaners I use for my Keyboards and electronics and see if it will resolve problem.

Gerardo

Wanted to bump this old thread to share my results. The right side mandible light (when looking at the Falcon) died a few weeks ago. I went through this entire thread and Hedjii72 was kind enough to share the details of his 10 V power adapter which got the lights back on for him

Anyways, I bought the same exact adapter and no luck for me. Mandible light still out.

I believe this issue is either in the base or the connection to the falcon (as others have mentioned before). Right before the light went off for good, it did stop working for about 5 minutes. I rotated the falcon on the base and gave it a little "shake" to no avail. However, I then bent the power cable a bit and both lights worked. I didn't touch the falcon at all. Later in the day, I moved the table the falcon was on and boom, lights back off again

Assuming it was the power supply, I bought an adjustable power supply that I could set to 9V (with 1.7 amps). No luck. Same with the 10 V adapter I just mentioned

I also lifted the falcon a little off the base and set her back down. Still no luck

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else with similar issues had tips to try out

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back