New MR Enterprise problem over time (Dome blotching)

If you guys can't take the dome off; you could sandblast the out side of the dome. Michaels hobby store sells and small can of compressed silica that acts as a mini sandblaster. Perhaps that'd cover up the wet spot on the inside.

Mine's packed up, but maybe I should have a look. After reading this I am thinking if it is bad enough to take the nacelles off, I don't want to clean it out, because it will just likely happen again. Perhaps the best choice is to coat the entire inner surface so that it is even? The nacelles would look a little darker when not lit, but should still look good when running.

Mine doesn't have this issue at all. Interesting. I don't turn it on except to show 2 minutes at a time. I wonder if use has anything to do with it?

Mine doesn't have this issue at all. Interesting. I don't turn it on except to show 2 minutes at a time. I wonder if use has anything to do with it?
I don't think so because mine is pretty bad and I have run the engines probably 5 minutes total.

That's sad to hear, guys.

Cost and size of the model were reasons I didn't get this.

Now to hear all the QA problems and MR's lack of response is not a good thing... and I DID like their lightsaber replica line-up, too!

Hopefully, for the adventurous ones of you, the Polar Lights Big E (which is SURE to come out after the new movie hits) will resolve the need for that perfect Enterprise, or at least one that if it gets screwed up over time you know is your own fault! :lol

It is a lot easier at times to live with things that are your own doing instead of those things you feel you got screwed on...

Oh great. Mine's been in storage for the last 18 months, out in the temperature cycling, since I moved. I wonder if it will even turn on when I unpack it.

:cry

Got mine awhile ago off the boards , so far so good . No sign of blotching or the drooping some have encountered .

Sandblasting the outside of the domes will not cover up the problem, IMO.
The only way is to cut/pry them off and degrease.
I'm glad now that I didn't end up getting one.
At least if they ever do a TMP-E, it won't HAVE nacelle domes to get screwed up.

I decided to make a post over at the Master Replicas forum regarding this issue. Here is their response, and please, let's not turn this into a bash MR thread. I would like to see if we can come up with a viable solution to this problem and any help that MR can offer would certainly be appreciated.

This is the first report we've heard directly, checking the RPF it seems that there are a few people affected. We can only assume nobody thought it worth while to report the problem to us directly as their Enterprise was out of warranty.

All of our products are covered by a 90 day warranty. If you’re within 90 days, you’re entitled to a free replacement, as defined.

Unfortunately, if you’re a long term owner and your Enterprise develops a problem, it’s not covered by this warranty. We’ve never offered or inferred a lifetime warranty on our products, on consumer products like this it’s just not viable. We are truly sorry if you are in this category. We wish that we could predict every possible eventuality that was likely to occur, but we can’t and we apologize for falling short of people’s expectations.

This “problem” is an odd one and we have no idea what’s causing it. We have several sample models which have been running everyday for nearly 2 years in our show room without any issues. No leakage, no sticky nacelles, no burned out bulbs, etc. but we are always disappointed to learn that some people do have problems and we’ll always take steps to solve or resolve them when ever practical.

We have just begun production of the final run of this item and have contacted the factory technicians and quality control staff to ask them if they can provide any explanation as to what might cause it. They are unable to identify a specific fault and have been unable to reproduce a similar result in tests. At this time it seems this issue is only affecting a very limited number of models. None the less, it’s disappointing to learn that it’s ruining the enjoyment of our product for even one owner.

We welcome any input or suggestion as to what may be causing the issue, and even better any suggestions that may help an affected owner resolve it. It’s highly likely that the combined expertise of the RPF will be the first to provide helpful advice. We’re not looking to the RPF to solve the issue, but let’s face it; they’re the best resource for these situations. There’s no substitute for their knowledge and enthusiasm.

This product was never designed to be user serviceable or easily modified. All parts and components were selected to give a “lifetime” of reasonable use and that is why the nacelles and other parts are not easily accessible. There should never be any reason to open them.

We stand by the quality of our products. We take considerable time and effort to ensure that everything is produced to the highest standard. In an ideal world, there would be 0 faults on any commercially produced consumer product, but we all know that’s not the case. Typically we always expect to see a failure rate of around 2%. We feel our Enterprise is a stunning piece and can confirm unequivocally that it has performed well within these tolerances, contrary to some reports of it being an item “cursed” with faults.

Again, this is no consolation if you are one of the unlucky few and we realize that you are unhappy. All we can suggest is to contact us directly and we will do what we can to help you.

Someone over at the TPZ claimed the nacelles were drooping on his . Although nothing was proven .

Just to repeat what I posted there about this for reference here.

On mine the saucer is sagging a bit down, creating an illusion of nacelle droop. You really have to look hard for this, and I think nearly all of them have this issue. I believe they came from the factory like this.
You can actually push on the saucer a bit to raise it and things look right again.

I photoshopped the saucer raised a bit and you can see how it effects the perception of the nacelle droop.

As built.
sideE.jpg

Photoshopped correcting saucer dip.
sideEcopy.jpg

Last edited:
CessnaDriver and RS1, thank you for drawing this to my attention. I hadn't read elsewhere about problems with the saucer or nacelles drooping on the MR Enterprise.

I'll have to check my E for dome blotching and sagging when I get home tonight. :confused

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back