Rorschach: The Definitive Thread

The height of the movie hat's ribbon appears to be equal to the distance between the top of the ribbon to the crown. Is that what you wear asking?

Yes, Thank you.

Now, what do you think the ribbon width is ( on the movie hat) 1 1/2 or 2 1/4?

Judging from this pic, it looks as if the distance from the top of the ribbon to the top of the crown is slightly more than the width of the ribbon at center back of the hat. The hat is taller in front.

I would guesstimate the ribbon being in the 2 1/4" range. It does seem to have a fairly substantial width to it.

hat2.png

Thanks for the reply and the pic. The more photo's the better. The ribbon I used on my hat is a 2 1/4. Thinking it was a bit bigger than the 1 1/2. The specs on my hat is slightly taller in the front than the back. Thats how the crease works out. The space from the top of the ribbon to the top of the hat is slightly more than the ribbon.

The hat with the dummy seem to be a wide ribbon but when I see some pics from the movie it seems to be less. Is it possible they changed it?

The curl around the sides and back of the hat with the dummy seem to big very sharp and bigger. The hat of the one you posted just seem to be a slight curl and not as wide. Did they change the specs of this hat?

Last edited:
I just came across a hat that I made for my sisters kid. take a look. I think if i just lowered the crown a tad this would work. This is a 1 1/2 inch ribbon.

DSCN1726.jpg

Thats were my mind is going now. Thats because of the narrow brim and low crown , it makes the ribbon look taller than what it is. I will be re-working this and keep you posted.

I guess I'm just used to my own Raiders hat ribbon being on a very tall crown. Seeing that same size ribbon on a smaller hat. threw me. I have never owned a stingy brim myself. This will be my first.

I'll keep you posted.

I have a cheapo Bogart that I wear pretty regularly and I don't know why I didn't before, but I just grabbed it and a ruler. Mine looks like the distance between top of ribbon and crown is a little greater, but I think that's another optical illusion due to A) Seeing it in 3D, B)Its black on black, C) I can't find my glasses.

Anywhoo... The ribbon is 1-1/2" and the distance from top of ribbon to top of hat at center back is 2-3/8".

Hope that helps

I have been working a little on it today. I have to work on order to keep things going out the door on time but should have the Rorschach hat done some time Thursday. I'll post pics as soon as I'm done.

Here's the revised Watchmen hat.

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

I will see if I can get someone to take a couple of pics with me wearing it to better show the hat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back