Rorschach: The Definitive Thread

I think I have a way to get 3 or 4 patterns out of one mask.....I need to get some of the ink first and the guy on ebay is out....It'll be a while but I'll get it.

Hi All,

In regards to the trench coat,the fabric that was sent to us for the D.C. figure was same type of "Dryzabone" type oilcloth used in Australian outback dusters and trench coats. We were told that the fabric sent to us was the same used in the film.Not to be confused with modern "oilcloth" that is plastic coated.

Technically I suppose it could be called waxed cotton.It was fairly heavy and stiff. It goes a slightly lighter color where it's flexed, bent or scratched and has an overall appearance of being distressed before you do anything to it.

It was my understanding that it was made in Australia. I do not know who the manufacturer was.

To my knowledge it was not the fabric that was used on the final production figure.

Hope this helps the quest.

All the best,
Chuck...

You meant D.C. figure = the 1:6 scale dlx collector figure? Or the little ones? Or anything else?
Thanks before! And...

You meant D.C. figure = the 1:6 scale dlx collector figure? Or the little ones? Or anything else?
Thanks before! And...
Hi,

The 13" dlx figure.
Fabric was sent to us for protyping the miniature costume pattern. Some fabric came from the production .Some were sourced in NY for the figure.

Thought it may help narrow the search.

Chuck...

Does anyone know the size of the ribbon used on Rorschach's hat?

I've been looking into "smart film", an electrochromic film applied to glass that can switch between transparent and opaque when an electric current is applied. If it can work on a flexible surface we may be able to use it to create shifting blots by having it separated into various shapes independently operated by a board.

I must admit I am having difficulty tracking down sufficient information on this stuff, though.

I'm sure you can find some close-enough gloves on-line for a decent price, but if anyone wants me to replicate these exactly, drop me a line...

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Just for an fyi, the consilium designs 5mL thermochromic inks aren't very good. If you really want to try this yourself, I'd look into industrial textile inks. My run is going to open this weekend or monday after I post a video.

I dunno the stuff I got from them works great! Nice and dark when black and turns damn clear clear. I have no problem with the stuff at this point.

Are you just putting the pigment on without thinning it? That isn't really the way it was designed to work, but if it is working, go for it!:cool

Nope, I mixed it with the clear acrylic, but I put a good amount of the pigment and less of the clear acrylic. Seems to work fine. I will try to get a video camera or something to show on here if I can.

I really don't like the blot pattern he used, but the effect looks nice....looks like he is trying to make a pretty penny by withholding information on how it works. To each his own!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back