Rorschach: The Definitive Thread

Can anyone tell me the best way to weather up a trench coat? I bought one a year ago before the film came out, as well as a nice vintage fedora with the intent to make a Rorschach costume, but just lost interest. Since I have most of the pieces (Gloves, hat, coat, boots) I don't need to do much else until mask work, etc. So how do I do it? Any tips?

Well depends on the style of weathering, Ive heard things such as baseball bat+ you+ coat=win, Car+coat=win, for mines its a mixture of paint , leather brown with black. the coat is really really stiff but after some runs in the dryer and time it softens up nicely.

Absolutely EXCEPTIONAL thread, gentlemen. I am extremely impressed. I have done my searching around the wide world of the internet and stumbled upon these forums - more specifically, this thread. I joined to say how much of a help you've all been - now my long process of saving, purchasing, and waiting will unfold. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Being a red head with bluish eyes, I have a difficult time finding things that I would like to do a costume of - finally, I have found one! Now to lose 35lbs and 6" off my height :lol

Thank you for all of the information!

Does anyone know if Kwally is still selling his thermal ink masks?

Last edited:
Absolutely EXCEPTIONAL thread, gentlemen. I am extremely impressed. I have done my searching around the wide world of the internet and stumbled upon these forums - more specifically, this thread. I joined to say how much of a help you've all been - now my long process of saving, purchasing, and waiting will unfold. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Being a red head with bluish eyes, I have a difficult time finding things that I would like to do a costume of - finally, I have found one! Now to lose 35lbs and 6" off my height :lol

Thank you for all of the information!

Does anyone know if Kwally is still selling his thermal ink masks?

dont know but you could hit up IAMTHEACEOFSPADES on the ultimate rorscahch costume forum to see if hes still making them his masks are really good.

so heres some of my SDCC 2010 pics of my schach
4847655415_33b159a134.jpg

4829725091_cb30f52a13.jpg

4830330326_c4455393aa.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted already but does anyone have any information on Waxing your own coat? say if I already had the cotton Trench that I was happy with and wanted to give it the wax treatment?

Fantastic! What an amazing set of links! HUGE help! I went out today and bought all the stuff! Thanks a lot man!

Just don't scald yourself. Tell us how it goes.

I was in a store today that had suede hiking hats that were waxed on the outside. Now I know how they do it.

Fantastic! What an amazing set of links! HUGE help! I went out today and bought all the stuff! Thanks a lot man!

Best of luck to you, but I will offer one warning. I haven't actually tried waxing or re-waxing a coat myself, but I own a Barbour waxed cotton coat, and I'm looking into it.

Now, my point is this: Barbour's website claims that their inner lining is specially treated and, if the coat gets machine-washed, machine-dried, or dry-cleaned, that treatment will disappear and the wax from the outer shell will bleed through and get into your clothes.

Dunno if that's specific to Barbour's recipe of wax, or if it's just a scam to get people to send them their coats for re-treatment, or what....but it's worth thinking about.

I tried waxing a pair of boots to make them waterproof. I used canning wax and a bit of turpentine, heated in a aluminum pan in hot water in an electric frying pan.
When liquid I painted it on with a cheap paint brush. It soaked in then built up on top.

It stayed soft even when cool and could be rubbed off.

Does anybody have a source for the brown chelsea boots? Comic style, though, not squared like the film's. I need a pair.

Anyone? Anyone? ebay hasn't provided me with much luck on stylings lately.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back