Smithsonian Saturn V Model?

Gary Weaver II

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just found one up in the attic still in the box and everything. Anyone know what the value is for one of these now? Is this a repop of the Airfix kit?

-Gary

It's the same as the Airfix kit. Check Ebay. They are going for over 100.00 now. I just got 2 of them so I can do a SS Galactica. A few years ago they were selling for 40.00

$100??? Holy Frak.. :eek I paid $20 for mine, sure wish I had bought more. This one is on more SS models than just about any other kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yodakiller1138 @ Apr 22 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1231096[/snapback]</div>
It's the same as the Airfix kit. Check Ebay. They are going for over 100.00 now. I just got 2 of them so I can do a SS Galactica. A few years ago they were selling for 40.00
[/b]

But did you read the auction. Those are orginal release kits/ boxes. Not the re-release Smithsonian or Airfix label.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boba Flint @ Apr 23 2006, 05:31 AM) [snapback]1231582[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yodakiller1138 @ Apr 22 2006, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1231096[/snapback]
[/b]

But did you read the auction. Those are orginal release kits/ boxes. Not the re-release Smithsonian or Airfix label.
[/b][/quote]

The price is still way up there.
This kit is used all over the place like the Airfi Harrier and the Tamiya 8rad.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bcgd @ Apr 30 2006, 10:30 AM) [snapback]1235965[/snapback]</div>
Just to clarify the two kits in question are different scales. The Airfix is 1/144 and the Revell is 1/96.
[/b]

Yes and No.
The Airfix kit is 1/144
Revell/ Monogram made both a 1/96 and a 1/144 scale Saturn 5. While the 1/144 kit was produced by Monogram, it has turned up in places in Revell boxes.
Depending on the day and whose bidding this kit goes for $50+ on ebay

The 1/96 Sat5 was released as a Revell kit, and was re-released last year. It runs around $95.00 if you can find it in a shop, $100+ on ebay.

The re-issued Airfix kits up to and including the 1990s are the same as the vintage version, except for a different base. The most recent re-issue, however, was a partial re-tool. It still contains most of the same parts though.

The re-issued Airfix kits up to and including the 1990s are the same as the vintage version, except for a different base. The most recent re-issue, however, was a partial re-tool. It still contains most of the same parts though.

Thanks for the info that's interesting to know

If my memory serves, Airfix corrected the woefully undersize CSM on the kit. This also modified the SLA which attached the SM to the S IV-B. But I do not recall any modifications to the rest of the kit. So for those of you looking to use the S-IC and S-II tank halves for various studio scale builds, you should be okay.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back