1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Cyberman - GINO Project) !!!!!

Re: 1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Revealed) !!!!!

This is quite simply the best Emperor I've seen yet.
Phil's sculpting skills and Gino's art direction make an unstoppable duo.
Incredible work, guys. Bravo!!

This is quite simply the best Emperor I've seen yet.
Phil's sculpting skills and Gino's art direction make an unstoppable duo.
Incredible work, guys. Bravo!!

Thanks for the incredibly kind words.

Have to say that this bust was not a walk in the park lol.. Took a lot of time studying the images at our disposal as Gino and I guided ourselves through the complex structures that in some cases were only hinted and had to be super analyzed till we were satisfied they were right. Its a tough project because so little of the face is evident.

Phil

Last edited:

Phil,
Your texturing is just sick. Wow! I'm so blown away I really don't
have words to describe how impressed I am.. I want one of these
baby's ;)

Gino,
I've always been equally impressed with your eye for detail.. Your input
on Phils sculpts has really put them over the top..

The best Emperor to date....you are a talented man Phil! Great job guys.

I am now very curious about this new Yoda you are doing.:love

Thanks everyone!

Sssssh Spoilers are out!:lol Yes Yoda MK3 is coming soon along with another couple of human characters.. One being only third in superiority to the Emperor :love

I've just had this brain storm.... Why not give one of my finished Emperor busts to Ian McDiarmid in person and maybe get one signed. Wouldn't that be cool?

I'm now trying to contact his agent.:eek

Thanks everyone!

Sssssh Spoilers are out!:lol Yes Yoda MK3 is coming soon along with another couple of human characters.. One being only third in superiority to the Emperor :love

Ooooo. I can't begin to comment on the level of accuracy and detail in the Emperor here, but when you bring this level of skill to the "Third in superiority"...well, that one I cannot wait to see. That guy seems like he was playing both Vader and the Emperor in my opinion.

Once again a most marvelous sculpt and incredible attention to detail. You two work well together. Keep it up! :thumbsup

Thats superb sculpting Phil! You have a really natural approach. Well done to the both of you. :thumbsup

Thanks Steve... seeing your excellent sculpts using WED clay inspired me to start using it and I've found that its far nicer than Chavant IMHO

Add my voice to the chorus (and my name to the list of WED clay lovin' sculptors!)

Phil, as I've said privately... stunning, stunning work man. I too think you've really done an amazing job of capturing the "stippled latex" texture around the lower part of the face. Absolutely amazing!

Tom

very good, Phil!!! I think you need more confidence in your skills. I´m very sure you already are a "Jedi master sculptur" who doesn´t need a master. Good luck in conatcting Ian!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back