Hasbro Naboo Fighter Conversion

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Converting a Hasbro Tie may be a lost cause, but I was wondering what the story is on converting the Naboo fighter? If the proportions are correct (meaning the lower body or other parts aren't 'beefed' up to accomidate the electronics) I would make a mold of the toy to create my master. From there, I can easily re-work all the seems, screw holes, copyright lettering, etc. because the master will be solid resin. Parts can be re-tooled and sanded to make it more accurate.
I don't own the hasbro fighter yet, I am hesitating to get one until I get an opinon or two on it. It's size is pretty good -- a helluva lot better than the tiny AMT snap-kit.
If anyone has detailed pics of the Hasbro toy, please post them as well as any refernce pics of the actual studio fighter. Thanks
-JC

the hasbro fighter is good, but in my opinion the conversion route to go would be that crazy candy dispenser. It had a vacmetalized belly and a non-rubber end taper. Also I think it was smaller, roughly 1/24 and would sit well with the studio scale X-wings and so forth! Just a thought.

Nathan

Thanks for the link -- those pics proved to be usefull. I needed to see good shots of it before I commited to buying one.
I am pretty pleased with it's accuracy, considering most of the other vehicles are to innacurate to attempt a conversion.
From what I can tell, touching up the belly, and extending the tail and rear engines will be the only major hurdles. Like I said, when I make a resin copy, I can use that master to make all my touch-ups and changes. The engines may need slimmed down too. If that's the case, I may just sculp them from scratch.
I was thinking of casting the prototype finished model in solid resin, so I would only need a standart two-part mold and there you have it. But if it's going to bee too heavy, perhaps someone can suggest something.
I will then paint the model with automotive grade canary yellow paint. The chrome parts I will use Al-clad chrome paint - it produces a realistic mirror chrome finish.
If anyone is interested in helping out or offer any suggestions - please do!
-JC

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back