Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I am working on my light now.... I am putting a LED flash light in it. Also... I got my decals for the spinners. Got them made both ways to see what works best so I can spray color, put it on, spray the other color and pull it off for clear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421417544.243293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we decided to re sculpt our console and saddlebag plugs since they were damaged in our first attempt at mold making, and the first molds are wore out from too many pulls, we went to the bicycle museum of america where Becky and the staff were very helpful and nice enough to let us document their bike, we took lots of measurements and pictures and a traced the basic shape, actually the bags we made weren't that far off, but were different enough to warrant a redo, the new plugs are as close ,now, as we could get without being able to actually mold the real bags, they are not exact, but I am very happy with this latest iteration, a big Thank You to the staff at BMoA and my dad and brother for all their help and hard work to make this build possible!

revised pee wee bags 001.JPGrevised pee wee bags 2 001.JPGrevised pee wee bags 2 002.JPGrevised pee wee bags 2 005.JPGrevised pee wee bags 2 006.JPGrevised pee wee bags 007.JPGrevised pee wee bags 008.JPGrevised pee wee bags 009.JPGrevised pee wee bags 010.JPGmore new bag pics 013.JPGmore new bag pics 014.JPGmore new bag pics 016.JPG

Last edited:
Just curious. Since the first springer I used on my bike was painted. I had to do chrome paint. This looks okay, but now that I have more access to parts I want to get a new springer. Would this one off amazon look passable?
41XmyPVVT1L.jpg
41C4RtEVzgL.jpg

I've been wondering that as well, because that's the fork I've been eyeing.
I'm actually planning on buying the parts I need to make the bike actually functional before I order paint.

The modern schwinn style springer forks are actually pretty badly made. The geometry is usually slightly different as well, with a little more kickout forward. I would recommend against it.

I agree with Ruddigger, nothing beats the real thing, the the imported stuff is junk, a worn out original Schwinn springer still looks and works better than any brand new copy.....Schwinn!, accept no substitute!, Chicago, USA stuff is all that's on my bike!

Last edited:
Think you could show a photo comparison? I'm still not exactly clear on the differences.

Here's a comparison of a few:

A stingray fork from the 60's (Note the curve before meeting the crown):
$_57.JPG

A 1950's locking fork:
$_57.JPG

Here's a modern one:
$_57.JPG

What Rudd trying to say is that most modern forks have different curvatures and dimensions, and they look slightly off. Schwinn themselves producing many different versions of that fork. I used a fork off a 2000's ladies Schwinn, more than likely not US made, but it's help up well, but probably not as accurate compared to the chicago made forks. I used that cause it was really cheap and accessible at the time and it's not too bad. But eventually you're going to want a better quality fork, not to say the other one isn't.

Last edited:
Hey springer fork fan's, I too am having a struggle getting the right fork. Bought this Realm cruiser off CL thinking it was a 1" steer tube but nope, 1 1/8". BUT, I did learn that there are some burly springers in production that are much much better than some others! Can't find a name on the fork but the headset is a NECO. On the fork note the nut's welded into the fork tube, the heavy weld's on the "T" steertube,the nylon washers that also go into the tube acting as a guide and the sweet allen setscrew on the spring bracket.Anybody know the manufacturer? Only thing I could find on The Realm was it was sold at Big 5 for a time. TIA!IMG_20150118_135120_316.jpgIMG_20150118_134738_630.jpgIMG_20150118_134746_546.jpg

Those are are over the top Brownie!, sure beats the hell out of chrome tape!, you're gonna blind everyone riding through the park with that stuff!, Ha, Ha

Hahaha! Yeah, I'm trying to get it as show quality as possible. I figure with all the $$$ that goes in it, may as will go over board. LOTTA SHINY!!![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the exact opposite end, I had a dream the other day where I had seen some kind of commercial mass-produced X-1 like the toy replica of the Playhouse scooter. That made me think about what would a commercial X-1 would look like. Imagine, peeling decals, flat paint colors, brittle plastic.

Or imagine the various toy features it would have. I could totally see some kind of mounted squirt gun, or just random light-up elements.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back