Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Dang! turk and brownie great job guys.

Any of you guys see the crusty blue/red delta super rocket ray that was on ebay like two weeks ago? 20141212_183311.jpg

Just finished it tonight, I need to find the original orange reflectors for the lens but it came out nice.

Look nice Frank! Does the movie bike have the reflector? I haven't decided if I want to run one or not. I kinda like it without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were both kinds in the movie, either one is correct, the first half has a standard rocket ray and the later half like in the studio scenes it has a super rocket ray, I guess it boils down to what you like or can get, most guys tend to want the super because they are rarer and have the lens reflector etc.

Hey Turk, I used a regular 3 pc. red BMX brake cable set, not just the housing, I rigged it up so they actually work, so I didn't have to wire them to the levers like the museum bikes are.cable routing 006.JPGcable routing 004.JPGcable routing 005.JPGcable routing 002.JPGcable routing 001.JPG

Last edited:
I did a similar setup, but I just bought the cable and ran it through the red cable housing I already had.

Also, remember there should be a red cable coming off the project box as well.

Thanks guys. The red tubing I have is a little bigger than the brake line so it slides away from the brake lever and shifter.

The tubing on the real bike is pretty darn fat, so that might be okay, if you can find a way to make it stay put.

Browniel, paint looks great, and nice workspace!

I've seen people use thinner tubing on other things by placing it in warm water to soften it and it slides on real nicely, but won't come off later.

TankButtons.jpg

Got the tank buttons placed tonight. Not entirely pleased with the starter switch selection. The button should be higher. It'll work for now though.

Jack, thanks for all of your help with the bike build. I bought a set of saddle bag molds from you about 2-3 years ago. I never tackled the fiberglass project, but the bike build has been a blast. You did a great job on your bike build. Good luck on your jeep project.

Well, I think it's time to sell my bike. It was a fun experience to do the build, but my X1 is just collecting dust in my basement these days and I need to get a newer car, so the money will come in handy. If I don't get any takers though, I'll hang onto it.

Thanks Rudd! It is crazy how overwhelming this bike can be! Still a lot to do... Hope to be starting on the bags I got from you next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't sweat the small stuff brother, try and enjoy the quest of building this bike. I say quest instead of experience because this project is a quest that will take a long time. It's very hard to get the bike screen accurate based on the availability of parts and the fabrication involved. The one good thing is that everyone on this forum is great to work with and there are many talented people here to get advice from. I had absolutely no clue when it came to bikes or fabrication, but I have learned a lot from the people here and surprised myself with some of the things I was able to accomplish. Enjoy it brother, it's a fun project.

Thanks guys. I still struggle with how close is close enough. I guess that's something I will just have to decide.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back